Question about maths behind arpeggios

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is there any documentation or a good explanation on how the arpeggio system works under the hood? Like for example given a range and cycle, how does it calculate the next note in the sequence?

I'm going to try to create something similar for a project I'm working on and I haven't been able to find a good place to start on this.
SubparFiddle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:07 am
Is there any documentation or a good explanation on how the arpeggio system works under the hood? Like for example given a range and cycle, how does it calculate the next note in the sequence?

I'm going to try to create something similar for a project I'm working on and I haven't been able to find a good place to start on this.
There is the codebase.
LMMS is open source, so you can study how everything is made. Our documentation is ..mildly insufficient, or non-existing, but if you are a coder and know cpp syntax, then it should be possible. You are also welcome to ask specific code-questions, but be specific!
Also, remember that you do need to reference the Legal GPL2 licence, if you use LMMS-code in your own project. Usage of code actually imply GPL2, so your own code must also be open-source, unless you are just 'inspired' :p
https://docs.lmms.io/user-manual/8-legal/8.1-license
Gotcha, thanks! I'm a beginner programmer, just making little things in GameMaker Studio. I can make a little sense out of the source code but I'm kinda scared of the licensing thing since I'm hoping to sell this project one day on Steam. I think I can make something with some trig that will suit my project.
SubparFiddle wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 pm
Gotcha, thanks! I'm a beginner programmer, just making little things in GameMaker Studio.
Does GMS cover midi?
It may be difficult to get gml code to be efficient enough for a DAW/MIDI-project. You could look at C# witch is not dramatically different from gml, and then you could use Unreal Engine
Good luck :)