Linux Plugins LMMS on Linux Mint 20.1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm a bit confused is there any instrument plugins that outside of the default LMMS supported and actually work? Not talking about VST's or other plugins that need wine. There's no mention of this on the documentation, some of the wiki pages seem outdated.

For example I've seen mention of Helm, Surge, Dexed, ZynAddSubFX, TAL noisemaker. But I don't know how to add them and I had LMMS in the past but I got frustrated with it being limited on instruments such as a electric guitar not being there.
I remember installing a plugin from the openSUSE repositories and that did work in LMMS.

I can't remember which one though.

It was a LADSPA plugin if I recall right.
MIDI432 wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:22 pm
I've seen mention of Helm, Surge, Dexed, ZynAddSubFX, TAL noisemaker. But I don't know how to add them
Helm, Surge, Dexed, ZynAddSubFX, TAL noisemaker are all VSTs. You install WINE and then you can use them.
MIDI432 wrote:
I'm a bit confused is there any instrument plugins that outside of the default LMMS supported and actually work? Not talking about VST's or other plugins that need wine. There's no mention of this on the documentation, some of the wiki pages seem outdated.

For example I've seen mention of Helm, Surge, Dexed, ZynAddSubFX, TAL noisemaker. But I don't know how to add them and I had LMMS in the past but I got frustrated with it being limited on instruments such as a electric guitar not being there.
At least in the case of ZynAddSubFX, there should be a version of it embedded in your LMMS installation. As for everything else, and as others have pointed out, your other options are pretty much LADSPA and VST2. If you install and get Carla working in LMMS, it's my understanding that you'll be able to load native linux VSTs (.so file extension) and .VST3 (but I don't know about wine with VST3 and Carla).
Stakeout Punch wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:57 am
MIDI432 wrote:

At least in the case of ZynAddSubFX, there should be a version of it embedded in your LMMS installation. As for everything else, and as others have pointed out, your other options are pretty much LADSPA and VST2. If you install and get Carla working in LMMS, it's my understanding that you'll be able to load native linux VSTs (.so file extension) and .VST3 (but I don't know about wine with VST3 and Carla).
Through Carla I got Amsynth working :)

http://amsynth.github.io/