Spitfire Audio Labs Crash My LMMS?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am having a problem where when I drop the Spitfire Labs VST .dll file into my track, it crashes LMMS. I uninstalled and reinstalled LMMS, and got it to work one time, for about a minute. I then made the mistake of trying to switch instruments in the labs, and it crashed my LMMS again. Now it will only work for 10 seconds max before crashing by itself. What can I do? Should I uninstall and reinstall the labs?
(LMMS works perfectly fine by itself doing everything except running the Spitfire labs)
First off, Welcome to the Forum DjangoBaptiste !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
DjangoBaptiste wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:10 pm
I am having a problem where when I drop the Spitfire Labs VST .dll file into my track, it crashes LMMS. I uninstalled and reinstalled LMMS, and got it to work one time, for about a minute. I then made the mistake of trying to switch instruments in the labs, and it crashed my LMMS again. Now it will only work for 10 seconds max before crashing by itself. What can I do? Should I uninstall and reinstall the labs?
(LMMS works perfectly fine by itself doing everything except running the Spitfire labs)
LABS is a difficult vst. not only must the vst itself work with the DAW, also the loaded library in LABS must be flawless. I have heard of some that uses LABS ok, but also many that has issues.
Atm i think the only 'advise' is to find a different vst. Perhaps we will support LABS better in a later release
That's alright. Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try bubble shooter
DjangoBaptiste wrote:
what version of LMMS are you using?
DjangoBaptiste wrote:
Hello DjangoBaptiste.
Were you able to solve the problem with the vst?