Soundfont player missing from plugin list

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I use Opensuse Leap and have LMMS 1.2.1

I've just noticed I am missing Soundfont Player and and GIG player from my instrument plugins. Can anyone help me get them please? I'm keen to have a play with Hydrogen.

Thanks

EDIT: libsf2player is in /usr/lib64/lmms so I guess it's something to do with proprietary software. I can't find a solution.
Sorry... double post! I hope it will help someone one day!

I had to install libfluidsynth from the repository. I installed both 32 and 64bit. Not sure which solved the problem but it worked. I'll find the solution for GIG too.
BoomBoomBangBang wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:24 pm
Sorry... double post! I hope it will help someone one day!

I had to install libfluidsynth from the repository. I installed both 32 and 64bit. Not sure which solved the problem but it worked. I'll find the solution for GIG too.
Ooops.. That makes me think that you are using a LMMS from a pacMan repository, and not our official Linux-AppImage??

I cant recommend that, but its up to you ofcause. But in support issues, we will point you to the AppImage:
https://lmms.io/download#linux

Guide on reinstalling:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=In ... w_versions
No, not at all. It's from the official OpenSuse repository. I almost never use community repositories and never .rpm. The only exceptions are a library needed for my printer driver and today I enabled two community repositories so I could install Polyphone... one was from pkgs.org :-/

I got GIG Player working by install libgig8. LMMS is also throwing loads of errors about missing Carla libraries. I haven't looked into Carla yet (I guess it's similar to Kontakt?) but will install those if needed.
You can ignore the Carla warnings, or install Carla from the openSUSE repositories.

I had Amsynth working through Carla in LMMS, but we can't yet automate any knobs in Carla.

You want / need the version with VST in the name. ( this also goes for LMMS )

I am a bit surprised LMMS was not working 100% , it did for me.
Maybe we need to tell the openSUSE package builder about this.
Are you on leap or tumble weed ?

For LMMS though, there is lets call it an exception to the rule, another way to have LMMS working.

Download the appimage file from the download page (not any were else) set rights to executable, and double click the appimage file to start LMMS.

https://lmms.io/download#linux

Most users will want to get the stable version.

Only choose the Nightly Versions if you want to help test the latest version of LMMS on Linux.
Thanks for your reply. I don't think I need Carla anyway.

I use Leap 15.2.

I've since been playing with vsts more and they almost always cause LMMS to freeze. They work fine but I think it's when LMMS looses focus (ie to look at a web browser or file explorer or something) that the freeze occurs. It's only LMMS. The OS works OK. Eventually the "force quit" box pops up. I wish I ran LMMS from the terminal so I could see if anything flashes up when it freezes. I don't know if it's the vsts or vestige.

Whichever, I tried the appimage version from the LMMS website and it's now working flawlessly. I didn't realise until now that the CPU usage indicator didn't work using the repository install. I'm quite surprised how much CPU I use!

Thank you!
Vst can eat away your memory. I have 16 gig of ram, and sometimes even I run out of ram.

( not while using vst though , with LMMS open )

There is however a problem with wine , the vst and or LMMS, were the vst does not stop when I stop lmms.

On opensuse, hit ctrl + esc to bring up the task manager

Search for rem

remote plugin is what you looking for. If you still see this after you closed LMMS, kill them.