FIXED MAC people needed badly!! Pressing CRTL on keyboard doesn't do what its suppose to

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I've had LMMS for about a week now and I'm working on my first song, but when i try to make an automation track, you have to press control on a control knob and drag it to the automation track for it to work, but whenever i press control, it dose nothing (the key isn't broken) and I've seen a good amount of videos on how to do automation, but pressing control on my mac just won't do it. Help?
This may be a bit too obvious to mention but you do have to press both CTRL AND the Left mouse button to drag the control. You can't just press CTRL and then move the cursor. At least that's how it works on my Win7 system ;).

Steve
Nope that doesn't work. And btw I knew I had to left click it too.
For some reason it only lets me do it with the shape waves in the ocelaters. I'm trying to get it to work in the dual filter and for the 2nd frequency BUT it still won't work. :? :o
For my computer, pressing a button then moving the cursor (with the integrated laptop touchpad) doesn't work. Might it be this scenario for you? I find that only pressing the keyboard and moving the cursor at the same time only works if you have a mouse.
NathanSomething wrote:For some reason it only lets me do it with the shape waves in the ocelaters. I'm trying to get it to work in the dual filter and for the 2nd frequency BUT it still won't work. :? :o
Exactly what controls in which instruments/effects are you trying to automate ? Not everything is set up to be automated.

Steve
hes on mac - dos that even have a Ctrl-button??
(shows what I knows 'aboud aplles' :w
... isent there a 'modifier thing you have to use on mac.. :ugeek: ?

MAC expert peeps chime in!!

But lets make this simple and just automate the volume-dial in any preset
1) insert a new automation-track
2) open the preset in question
3) point to the vol-dial with your mouse
4) press and HOLD Ctrl
5) NOW press your left mouse and HOLD
6) drag the mouse. An icon of the dial is show as you drag
7) drop in the automation-track

at what of these 7 points do you fail?

( @ slipstick -what cant be automated yet?
musikbear, followed all steps and still didn't work(just acts as if its left clicking the knob and fails at step 5). ArcKloud, i am using a mouse. And slipstick i saw the lmms wikipedia and saw what could be automated and what I'm trying to automate is a knob and it can be automated ( i also saw a video of a guy using the same knob and it worked), its in dual filter and its the second frequency, and its the DirtyReece.xpf (edited it and added FX) instrument in TripleOscillator. Im using lmms 1.1.3 if that changes anything.
i will change topic tittle, and hope some MAC expert chimes in
I have no MAC knowledge at all :/
Is there any other way to automate something besides pressing control?