Export problems, audio comes out wrong

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:22 pm
I dont think its your PC, because you could export 'Krem' without any issue.
Hey Musikbear, I have finally figured out the solution to my problem!

So, like I have said previously, the "distortion" (Extra loudness/muddiness of the instrument track) was actually caused by........... CALF Bass Enhancer LADSPA.
Well, at least for ME anyway.

How I found out is that the project (the one I presented to you) had only 2 tracks that got distorted. I thought it was random at first, but it wasn't. When I moved onto my other projects, and the same thing distortion happened upon some of the instrument tracks, I started taking mental notes of which instrument tracks were getting distorted after export and which weren't.

Something HAD to have been causing it, and if it wasn't my PC, it wasn't the program.. so maybe an FX? I checked the tracks getting distorted + their effects and came to the conclusion it was the Calf Bass Enhancer LADSPA effect.
NO OTHER instrument track were having issues after many trials of exportation, only those with that effect.

To test, I removed the effect (and replaced it with BassBooster). Result? On three projects I had with the problem, all of them were successful! No sudden boost of distorted loudness!
I tried around 5-6 times of exporting among the three, they were all exported correctly after the removal of Calf Bass Enhancer.

And remember that demo project you told me to try exporting? Guess why I was able to export it correctly? Yep! I checked, and NONE of the tracks had the Calf Bass Enhancer effect! Which is why everything went well with that one.

So yeah! My solution is fixed. And the cause was because of the Effect/FX: CALF Bass Enhancer LADSPA.

Now, is this weird glitch only occurring to me? Is the FX faulty, only to me, or to other people? It's strange that that's what caused all of this.

But yes, thanks for the support Musikbear, I do appreciate it!
Ryte wrote:
Sun Mar 28, 2021 2:00 am
[It's mostly occurring on my current project, but I realized that this kinda happens sometimes to my other ones too, so I guess this applies to all of 'em.]

When exporting the entire music, a lot of the times the audio never really comes out right. An instrument track or two, and random ones at that, either become distorted or very loud compared to the rest of the song - affecting the entire song.

I've tried different methods and have searched around. Export settings I've messed around, with no consistent way found. (I'll post some of it that I tried below).

The weird part? Sometimes, I DO get it right and it comes out sounding fine. Actually, now that I think about it, on some projects (too much to really figure out which ones) I don't remember this really being an issue. On others, (like the one in the video I'll post), it's like 90 chance of wrong export over 10 chance of it being correct.

(In the video, the first audio file shown has its basslines distorted/louder, the second one is the correct one that it rendered right, once, through all the attempts.)

Could it be LMMS itself? Or is it my computer? My way of mixing? Broken FXs? (SDL is selected btw don't know if that matters). (Oh, and playback in the program works perfectly, until the song is rendered. then it actually messes that up too, i.e the track(s) that becomes distorted. it goes away after restarting).

VIDEO HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xeuS-M2I4Y

{Project Export settings; I could have missed some but I was honestly just winging it because of frustration. these are kinda on the top of my head :p }

(48,000 hz, Sinc Best, WAV file, 16/24 bit - these are generally the settings I've always used.)

Consistent: .WAV, Oversampling 1x

Tried>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Sinc Best, 48000 Hz, 24bit
Sinc Best, 48000 Hz, 16bit
Sinc Best, 44100 Hz, 24bit
Sinc Best, 44100 Hz, 16bit
Sinc Medium, 48000 Hz, 24bit
Sinc Medium, 44100 Hz, 24bit
Sinc Medium, 44100 Hz, 16bit
Sinc Medium, 196000 Hz, 16bit
Sinc Fastest, 44100 Hz, 24bit
Zero Order Hold, 44100 Hz, 24bit
Zero Order Hold, 48000 Hz, 24bit

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have the latest version of LMMS too btw
(and for those curious the music in the video is me trying to create a PC98 cover of Pokemon RSE Gym Leader battle theme lol)
Hi there,

I just had the same problem and it also happened when i recorded it on audacity tho it sounded normal then. So i thought maybe the Limiter works kinda weird in LMMS so i put the Limiter down to where the bar stays green and then it worked out well. Maybe thats something LMMS should fix? Try it out bro good luck