Vestige doesnt load anything else but Synth1

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello there,

I use LMMS on Linux Mint and whatever .dll file i want to open in Vestige it just doesnt open without any errors. Only Synth1 works without any problems. This seems a little weird anyone got an idea? I installed many other plugins with wine (Helm, Surge, Vital and some other free stuff to test it out) and none of them work. Does this have something to do with the wine folder I installed it to? Although I use Linux I have no clue about the OS :D anyone got an idea what I could try? I resarched hours but couldnt find anyone with the same problem
Nixta96 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:46 pm
Hello there,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Nixta96 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I use LMMS on Linux Mint and whatever .dll file i want to open in Vestige it just doesnt open without any errors. Only Synth1 works without any problems. This seems a little weird anyone got an idea? I installed many other plugins with wine (Helm, Surge, Vital and some other free stuff to test it out) and none of them work. Does this have something to do with the wine folder I installed it to? Although I use Linux I have no clue about the OS :D anyone got an idea what I could try? I resarched hours but couldnt find anyone with the same problem
That is odd
It could be an issue with your chosen version. You should only use the AppImage from our site
If you have any other version, please get the AppImage
Otherwise it could be a WINE issue, but if WINE was installed before LMMS, then you should be ok(?)
Was it?
Gps will have to come to the rescue here. :)
Nixta96 wrote:
little weird anyone got an idea?
There has now been a new reported bug, that could be causing this
Basically the latest version of WINE has issues with x64.
For that reason it is recommended that linux-users should downgrade Wine installation to 6.14 or older.
The proper workflow for this would be:
readout current WINE version. If > 6.14 then:
De-install LMMS
De-install current WINE
Get WINE not newer than 6.14!
Install that WINE version
install newest off. LMMS-appImage
retest.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:42 am
Gps will have to come to the rescue here. :)
Problem is, I never had this problem, only Synth1 working.
musikbear wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:15 pm
Nixta96 wrote:
little weird anyone got an idea?
There has now been a new reported bug, that could be causing this
Basically the latest version of WINE has issues with x64.
For that reason it is recommended that linux-users should downgrade Wine installation to 6.14 or older.
The proper workflow for this would be:
readout current WINE version. If > 6.14 then:
De-install LMMS
De-install current WINE
Get WINE not newer than 6.14!
Install that WINE version
install newest off. LMMS-appImage
retest.
I just did a test.

All seems fine here, wine version 6.16 (-1.7.) Tested VST, 4 front piano, Piano One and synth1
The 1.7 part is probably just a number openSUSE Tumbleweed uses, and can be ignored.

If I look here:
https://www.winehq.org/

It seems I have a development version installed. 1.4 is latest stable version.
So im sorry for answering so late, the problem got a little better since i figured out by myself that only 32bit versions work. But still any plugin that needs to be installed (or which i have to use Wine for) just wont load without any error, I can only use plugins that are coming right with the .dll file when i downloaded it (which are not the best obviously). I also reinstalled wine but not with the older version which was recommended here, but since the proplem only occurs within 64bit versions it should work for the 32bit ones right? And i also realized when i tried to download surge as linux version to at least get some samples out of it with audacity that i dont have open gl 1.4 and it seems like i cant install a new one (im running a real potato as a laptop i mainly use my PC with windows and FL Studio but when im not at home i like using LMMS as some sort of challenge :D )
Nixta96 wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:36 am
So im sorry for answering so late, the problem got a little better since i figured out by myself that only 32bit versions work. But still any plugin that needs to be installed (or which i have to use Wine for) just wont load without any error, I can only use plugins that are coming right with the .dll file when i downloaded it (which are not the best obviously). I also reinstalled wine but not with the older version which was recommended here, but since the proplem only occurs within 64bit versions it should work for the 32bit ones right? And i also realized when i tried to download surge as linux version to at least get some samples out of it with audacity that i dont have open gl 1.4 and it seems like i cant install a new one (im running a real potato as a laptop i mainly use my PC with windows and FL Studio but when im not at home i like using LMMS as some sort of challenge :D )
Yes you should be able to use all VST2 in 32 bit.
Things like Surge and other quite new VSTs may only be available in VST3, slowly we will start to miss out in lmms, because we cant use VST3..
Some uses midtle-layers as szfofando or grace, but those are resource hogs :/ -On less capable PCs they are nogo