Set notes from diff instruments without switching piano roll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I hope this is in the right thread, I have looked around the forums but have not found a way to do this yet. (One thread mentioned ghost notes, which they said LMMS does not have yet. But even ghost notes do not really solve the problem, they just make it less bad)

I usually open the piano and record/click to place notes on it. But switching between piano rolls for different instruments is very time consuming, and also makes it hard to sync instruments to each other because I have to remember where they were.

I don't want to switch between different piano rolls to click and place notes from different instruments, I want all the notes on one piano roll, how may we do this in LMMS?
bluBoard wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum bluBoard !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I want all the notes on one piano roll, how may we do this in LMMS?
That is not possible in any DAW afaik, and that is because it is against the way a DAW is suppose to work.
You can do it, but its a pit..n, and it would also sound quite strange, but i have a feeling that when you say "all the notes on one piano roll" then it is either ghostnotes or perhaps more as Hear(?) all notes, simultaneously as you insert notes in one piano-roll.
Ghostnotes is a part of 1.3 You can already test alphas for this feature
And ghostnotes could do that all the notes on one piano roll, -but you would have to it manually, eg every block you make should be manually copied into corresponding blocks in the track you set ghost-note-track, then all notes would appear, but if it is about hearing all notes as you simultaneously compose, then you do it this way:
musikbear wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 3:36 pm
bluBoard wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:54 pm
Hello,
Hi,
Thanks very much musikbear for the response. I did see that video earlier and it is very helpful, and I understand the usage better now with the explanation you gave. I will definitely use this and also try out the ghost notes in the alpha.

I found a specific example of what I mean, here it is in cubase: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxFKJhcgqA (here is a picture too, Image, you can see different notes on the same screen colored by their instrument). I guess the technical way to refer to this is "How to edit MIDI parts simultaneously". Maybe that gives you a better idea of what I meant, is this definitely not possible in LMMS and will it ever be? I am curious about your workflow where you do not need to do this, isn't it difficult to sync up notes from all the different instruments otherwise?
bluBoard wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 11:16 pm
here is a picture too,
different notes on the same screen colored by their instrument).
Wow! That is actually a sexy feature!
I can see that could be a great option, in working with sc. 'kontrapunkt' where different instruments play up against each other.
(Bach would properly be the best reference)
and alas, that is not possible at all, in LMMS. We do not even have option for having more than one pianoroll visible at thr same time, but this feature interest me, there is however issues in respect to where the 'dividing line' between pianoroll and songeditor then would be. This view with all instruments in different colors, is a kind of 'sneak'-song-editor, maybe that is how it should be implemented.. But for now, it is not possible in LMMS