LMMS 1.3 crash when moving empty pattern on piano roll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When on a piano roll sequence in LMMS 1.3 alpha, and the piano roll is empty (ie has no notes on it), then hitting Shift-Tab-Right arrow or Ctrl-Tab-right arrow crashes LMMS. Same goes with left arrow. However, this does not happen with up and down arrow.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kO6I9W ... sp=sharing (to see in high quality, change resolution to 1080 p and view.)
Monospace wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 am
When on a piano roll sequence in LMMS 1.3 alpha, and the piano roll is empty (ie has no notes on it), then hitting Shift-Tab-Right arrow or Ctrl-Tab-right arrow crashes LMMS. Same goes with left arrow. However, this does not happen with up and down arrow.
What do you expect should happen when you hit Shift-Tab-Right arrow or Ctrl-Tab-right arrow?
Shift tab right arrow moves the selected notes right by one tick, ctrl-tab-right arrow moves the selected notes right by one bar (my terminology may be wrong, forgive me if it is). If there are no notes in piano roll, 1.3 alpha crashes. I checked 1.2.0 and it doesn't crash when I do that/
Monospace wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:33 am
Shift tab right arrow moves the selected notes right by one tick, ctrl-tab-right arrow moves the selected notes right by one bar
Nooo
Shift + right arrow moves the selected notes right by one tick Beat
ctrl+right arrow moves the selected notes right by one bar
There is no need for any TAB
my terminology may be wrong, forgive me if it is
You are forgiven :P
Yes its one beat
The sub-divisions of a beat are known as ticks

So: Bar Beat Ticks
If Shift + right arrow also causes a crash, then 1.3 has (yet another..) bug 🤕
Oh. Thanks for correcting me
I just checked. Shift-right arrow and ctrl-right arrow on an empty piano roll also cause a crash.
Monospace wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:53 am
Oh. Thanks for correcting me
I just checked. Shift-right arrow and ctrl-right arrow on an empty piano roll also cause a crash.
You found a bug! Thank You!
Monospace wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:11 am
(to see in high quality, change resolution to 1080 p and view.)
I have send you a PM. Please read!
Musikbear, I'm not sure if my response reached you or not: the private messages interface confuses me.
My response is in outbox, but not in sent mail.
Please confirm if that's correct?
Monospace wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:28 am
Musikbear, I'm not sure if my response reached you or not: the private messages interface confuses me.
My response is in outbox, but not in sent mail.
Please confirm if that's correct?
Thanks! I got your IM. All is fine 👍