AppImage fonts too *large*?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
While running LMMS 1.2.2 on Debian Buster with XFCE4, the fonts are huge! Everything else on the machine is reasonably sized, and in 1.1.x LMMS had the tiny fonts that so many have asked about. I'm thinking I might have a stray setting or two if I tried to enlarge fonts in the past, but I can't find any settings for that in any LMMS config file or menu. I've renamed my old LMMS and .config/rncbc.com directories in case it was a conflict with 1.1, but also nope. I've checked my DE settings as well, but like I say everything is normally sized there and I'm not having problems with any other apps, so finding an outlier setting, if there is one, is difficult.

I also checked style.css for "default" theme, but all of its font settings seem to be OK, anywhere between 10-15px.

Any ideas where (else!) I can look?

P.S. FYI: If your login session expires in between writing and submitting a post, the "hey you gotta be logged in to do that" process will return you to the topic creation page afterward, but your text will be gone.
First off, Welcome to the Forum manys!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
manys wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:53 pm
While running LMMS 1.2.2 on Debian Buster with XFCE4, the fonts are huge! Everything else on the machine is reasonably sized, and in 1.1.x LMMS had the tiny fonts
renamed my old LMMS and .config/rncbc.com directories
checked my DE settings
checked style.css for "default" theme
Then all should be ok..
Any ideas where (else!) I can look?
No, that is the problem
You already have done the checks i can think off, Can you remember if you did something with your 1.1 in order to make fonts bigger?
P.S. FYI: If your login session expires in between writing and submitting a post, the "hey you gotta be logged in to do that"
Yes the 'remember me' feature SUCKS, i log in over and over
On Linux, setting some environment variables for Qt worked for me:

Code: Select all

export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
export QT_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTORS=1.65
Lower scale factors = smaller. I set mine to 1.2 on a Thinkpad T450s (1920x1080)

Source: viewtopic.php?t=34104#p73892