AKAI MPK mini III not detected -Any tip from owners of this?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
My MIDI controller won't be detected on LMMS. I use an AKAI MPK mini III. It's not in the preferences settings even though I plugged it in. It's also class compliant and is detected on my computer.
First off, Welcome to the Forum ChocolateM1lk !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
ChocolateM1lk wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:01 pm
My MIDI controller won't be detected on LMMS. I use an AKAI MPK mini III. It's not in the preferences settings even though I plugged it in. It's also class compliant and is detected on my computer.
Follow this:
Unplug keyboard & and remove power cable.
Then shut down computer -completely -Pull the plug!
Then
Insert midi-conector cable
Insert midi-keyboard power cable and turn MIDI-kb ON
(Some lights should get lid)
Insert pc power cable!
Start PC
Start LMMS
Look for your keyboard in MIDI-menu

Let us know the outcome :)
ChocolateM1lk wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:01 pm
So as you told me in that PM it did not work
That is a bommer because i really do not have any other way to make a sure and functional connection. When that happens we always tell the user to try a different midi-cable, but afai understood you have done some HW test with a MIDI-checkup-program?
Then i am out of ideas.
I will change the topic and see if an owner of the same keyboard chimes in with the solution, but not optimistic
Try checking the USB cable first, sometimes it's just a connection hiccup. Also, make sure you're using the right USB port. LMMS can be picky. If all else fails, maybe reinstall the driver or update LMMS.