problems with VST plugins

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
hi

another problem guys. i have several win32 plugins on wine. they are versilian studios chamber orchestra and DSK strings. for some reason several settings dont get saved and i have to re-adjust them again when i open the project. these are: the "articulation" (whether it is plucked or bowed etc..) other settings on the plugin work fine its just these that dont get saved. i tried moving the .dll files around in the folder but that didnt work. i dont know if its a plugins problem, a vestige problem, a wine problem, or a lmms problem. thanks again.
fmwilliams wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 1:17 am
hi
Hi, Welcome to the Forum fmwilliams !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
several win32 plugins on wine. they are versilian studios chamber orchestra and DSK strings. for some reason several settings dont get saved lmms problem. thanks
Firstly, VST-support has been continuously improved over several years, so the first you must make sure, is that you use the newest OFF release 1.2.2 AppImage from our site!
The next thing is to understand the concept of VST-support, and how to tackle that, and that is very simple:
I made a 5 point test that every VST should pass, before it is used in production
If a VST does not pass the test, then dont use it!
There at 1000'th of others that will pass the test. Later with even better support, the dumped VST may get back into the cosiness of LMMS..
But first: Make sure you are updated!
The five point VST test
In order to never face this kind of problem, always test before you use a VST for an actual project!
1. Output: The VST should make sound, in a predictable and expected way. Does changes in knobs and sliders produce expected output?
2. Reload: Does changes in settings on the VST UI persists after a reload? -Will it reload?
3. UI & Automation: Does the VST-knobs connect to LMMS' knobs?
4. Saving: Can you save and load presets (both as fxp and lmms-presets? - In fact only one of these options is needed)
5. Banks: If it uses banks, can it load these, and can you add new items to the bank?
hi musikbear

thanks for the reply. i guess theres no solution to the problem then except to try another plugin. its just that vcso and dsk seem pretty good quality and are popular. i have the latest version of lmms from the website too.
fmwilliams wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm
hi musikbear

thanks for the reply. i guess theres no solution to the problem then except to try another plugin. its just that vcso and dsk seem pretty good quality and are popular. i have the latest version of lmms from the website too.
Actually there is another approach. I have used Element as a bridge for vst (and vst3). You open it with Vestige and then after that, your vst or vst3 plugins.

It seemed to work and present things a bit differently when I compared it to Vestige alone. The older version is still available for free download.

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7519386

It might help. Worth a try, IMO.
newsguy wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:54 pm
fmwilliams wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:51 pm
hi musikbear

Actually there is another approach. I have used Element as a bridge for vst (and vst3). You open it with Vestige and then after that, your vst or vst3 plugins.

It seemed to work and present things a bit differently when I compared it to Vestige alone. The older version is still available for free download.

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=7519386

It might help. Worth a try, IMO.
Good one 👍, but does that bridging solve any setting-issues?