Can't open BAK files

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I just noticed that I can not open BAK files anymore. Clicking them would load LMMS to a certain point and then stop loading the Programm without giving any error message. I also am not able to rename BAK files since they already have the same name (file.mmpz). Still, Windows 10 interprets them as BAK files. In the Programm, it would not notice that there files exist so I could also not load them from there.
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

I always had two versions of LLMS installed simultaneously. All the files would be openend by LMMS 1.2.2. For some reason, since yesterday, LMMS wanted to open the BAK files with an older version so I deinstalled the older version now. Maybe this has something to do with the troubles.

Thanks,
Stonathan
Okay, I was lucky and it worked now.

I always selected that it should open the file with LMMS 1.2.2 with a right click on the file.
This was not sufficient!!

FIX:

right click on the file --> properties (hope thats the correct translation) --> open with --> LMMS

you have to select it there, otherwise it just would not accept :D

cheers
Stonathan wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:14 pm
Hi,

I just noticed that I can not open BAK files anymore. Clicking them would load LMMS to a certain point and then stop loading the Programm without giving any error message.

I also am not able to rename BAK files since they already have the same name (file.mmpz). Still, Windows 10 interprets them as BAK files.
First, take control back from windows, and enable show file-exstentions. !
When that is done, rightclick any file in win-explorer, and choose rename
Rename the file like you want
Observe
If the file is a blah.mmpz.BAK
yoy must rename it better.mmpz
If the file is a blah.mmp.BAK
yoy must rename it better.mmp