Kicker at louder than usual volume at start

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When I play my track, the volume of the kicker is much louder than it is supposed to be. However, this is only for the first beat. Playing the same bar back results in normal volume.
Video explains it: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15aG3nZ ... sp=sharing
To get what I am talking about, compare the volume of the first time the beat starts to the volume of the same kicker later in the video.
I am using the Kicker plugin for the drum which goes off volume.
This is not just an issue with just that beat/bassline, it happens with the first note played after opening a project only that specific instrument.
Do all notes have the same velocity in the piano roll ?
Yes, Gps. I've checked that. All notes are of the exact same velocity, pitch, and only one note.
You'll notice that when I go BACK to the first kick it plays at normal volume the second time.
Monospace wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:29 pm
When I play my track, the volume of the kicker is much louder than it is supposed to be. However, this is only for the first beat. Playing the same bar back results in normal volume.
Video explains it:
To get what I am talking about, compare the volume of the first time the beat starts to the volume of the same kicker later in the video.
I am using the Kicker plugin for the drum which goes off volume.
This is not just an issue with just that beat/bassline, it happens with the first note played after opening a project only that specific instrument.
I would need to see the project -use PM
Monospace wrote:When I play my track, the
Monospace wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 3:29 pm
volume of the (FIRST) kicker is much louder than (all later)
The output is really not 'louder', it is different
-And i cant see why :|
Its almost like the EQ is not 'ready' to process the signal..
I think the rason is the sound-clip it self, you use a clip with a prominent crash and a lot going on in the high frequencie bands, bur you filter everything out with EQ
I tried an export, and that is fine, no oddities at all, so even though it is 'odd', it is not influencing the export, so pretty harmless
But why it happens, that is 'odd' as wall :|
Interesting. So is our problem the equalizer kicking in to activity too late?
Also, musikbear, what spectrum analyzer are you using?
Monospace wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:01 am
Interesting. So is our problem the equalizer kicking in to activity too late?
Maybe 'kind of'. I think the issue is the amount of frequencies that are 'there' but filtered.
It could be interference where frequencies 'pile' up and enhance resonance, but then why it is 'self-adjusted' ..idk
Also, musikbear, what spectrum analyzer are you using?
SPAN, and it is good!
But lmms own new one is as good as SPAN, i just got SPAN in out of old habit :p
>Maybe 'kind of'. I think the issue is the amount of frequencies that are 'there' but filtered.
It could be interference where frequencies 'pile' up and enhance resonance, but then why it is 'self-adjusted' ..idk
Huh... okay. Is it likely there will be a fix anytime soon?
>SPAN, and it is good!
SPAN Voxengo, right? Cool, thanks
>But lmms own new one is as good as SPAN, i just got SPAN in out of old habit :p
The one in 1.3? Yes, it is very good. Noted.