Can't load project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi. I've been working on a project for a few hours and I saved it and closed the app. Then upon trying to load the project again, the loading bar stops at 60% and when I exit the loading notification the entire app crashes. I can start a new project but when I try to load my existing project it crashes. Any help with this would be very appreciated. Thanks.
OculusVision wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:01 pm
Hi.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum OculusVision !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
loading bar stops at 60% and when I exit the loading notification the entire app crashes. I can start a new project but when I try to load my existing project it crashes. Any help with this would be very appreciated.

please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version, and the site where you got it from
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)

OBS!! Important Do NOT attempt to make new projects before we have fixed your issue OR. You have found and renamed your backup like this:
Every time you manually save your project, LMMS will keep the ''previous'' saved project-version as
<myProject>.<current-project.ext>.BAK
This .BAK file will be saved in the same directory as your projects!
This mean, that after you have saved a project, you will at any time, have 2 versions of your project:
1) The project in editor
2) The previous version of the project
If your project is 'destroyed', then you can revert to the .BAK, and you will have rescued at least part of your project.
Find this file and rename it before you make any new save-file in LMMS!
OculusVision wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:01 pm
Hi. I've been working on a project for a few hours and I saved it and closed the app. Then upon trying to load the project again, the loading bar stops at 60% and when I exit the loading notification the entire app crashes. I can start a new project but when I try to load my existing project it crashes. Any help with this would be very appreciated. Thanks.
It might be a 3rd party vst plugin that is causing that problem.
Remove the 3rd party vst from the vst plugin folder, and then try to re-open your project. It should re-open successfully.
Hello,

I have the same Problem. After saving and quiting.
It starts and momentally exiting.
3rd party software, Ehh

Cheers!