Pitch change doesn't export with SF2 instruments

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Greetings,

Here is a small bug I have found so I report it here.

I am making music based on A = 432 Hz instead of A = 440 Hz with LMMS. That means every instrument has its "pitch" parameter down to ~ -30 cents instead of 0.

Most of the time it works fine, except some instruments play properly at -30 cents in the software, but play at the default pitch on the exported WAV/OGG file, as if the pitch parameter didn't exist. The exported audio is dissonant, since only some VST instruments have this problem.

So :
- I could get ZynAddSubFX to work, since it uses its own built-it pitch parameter and not LMMS's.
- But I couldn't make it with the MIDI SoundFont player (SF2): pitch parameter works while playing in software, but not on export. I am using SF2 files like "FluidR3" or "Mixcraft soundfont".
- On the other hand, change of pitch on a TripleOscillator works well on both software and export.
OK, reported in the appropriate place: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues/2204
I often use pitch changes with automation tracks with FS2 instruments.
A possible work around, would be making a automation track with the pitch change, for the duration needed.
Eino wrote:I often use pitch changes with automation tracks with FS2 instruments.
A possible work around, would be making a automation track with the pitch change, for the duration needed.
That actually just makes it worse. Seems like when one is changing the pitch, LMMS changes it too much...
Chang your pitch only a few cents at a time till you get the desired results.
Set your Automation editor from Auto to 100% for better accuracy.