EDM Bass line using Zynaddsubfx

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I was following the bearsoundz tutorial here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfvikRBj8Xw on EDM bass lines and was interested if I could create an instrument using Zynaddsubfx -- rather than replicating 3 oscillators on an existing track.

I've tried this using 3 voices in Zynaddsubfx. I use the delay to separate each voice. But I keep running into problems with the amplitude modulation not being able to completely quiet the sound. I'm using square wave in the Amplitude LFO. I wasn't able to set the amount of time the square wave Amplitude LFO is at zero vs the duration at full. I'd like the "on" time to be a little less than 1/3 the period of the LFO waveform and to offset voices 2 and 3 each progressively by a delay roughly equal to 1/3 the period.

Is something like this possible or is there a better way to achieve this? Thanks
calyx wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:55 am
I was following the bearsoundz tutorial here on EDM bass lines and was interested if I could create an instrument using Zynaddsubfx -- rather than replicating 3 oscillators on an existing track.

I've tried this using 3 voices in Zynaddsubfx. I use the delay to separate each voice. But I keep running into problems with the amplitude modulation not being able to completely quiet the sound. I'm using square wave in the Amplitude LFO. I wasn't able to set the amount of time the square wave Amplitude LFO is at zero vs the duration at full. I'd like the "on" time to be a little less than 1/3 the period of the LFO waveform and to offset voices 2 and 3 each progressively by a delay roughly equal to 1/3 the period.

Is something like this possible or is there a better way to achieve this? Thanks
at first i was like
"using zasfx-subvoices should be possible", -But then i started messing around with 3 voices in one preset, and they did not behave as i expected!
Seams there is some odd synchronizing behaviour between the voices(?)
I think the way i describe in the video is the one way to do this, and of cause zasfx can be used that way, so you can use the great depth and high sound-quality that zasfx has, but with several instances and arpeggiated notes as in the video. There is also very limited resource usage from just 3 or 4 instances.