Assign drum samples to a midi keyboard

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!! Could you please tell if it's possible to assign single drum samples to my midi keyboard? I know that when you use VST it's automatically can be played on midi keyboard, but what if I have some single strokes for example snare and bass drum? Thank you
Morgray wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:45 pm
Hello!!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Morgray!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Could you please tell if it's possible to assign single drum samples to my midi keyboard? I know that when you use VST it's automatically can be played on midi keyboard, but what if I have some single strokes for example snare and bass drum?
There are several ways.
The simplest is to add a zynAddSunFX to your songeditor, and insert the preset Drums.
You get your default MIDI-percussion loaded

The same can be done if you DL a general-midi-soundfont, but you get many more percussion sets and also some FX-sounds

Third method is to find a VST-sampler, and use that. You can then load any sample you have, and assign it to a key. In LMMS the only sampler that can be used are this one:
Wow! Great thanks for the reply ! 🙏
Sitala is nice! Quite handy but I can't figure out how to use it as a plugin, even though I watched the video, as a standalone it works well, but when I launch it via green folder of the vestige vst, it finds it well and starts to work but I can't open the menu to start a new kit it just the buttons seem to not work.... :(
Morgray wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:55 pm
Sitala is nice! Quite handy but I can't figure out how to use it as a plugin, even though I watched the video, as a standalone it works well, but when I launch it via green folder of the vestige vst, it finds it well and starts to work but I can't open the menu to start a new kit it just the buttons seem to not work.... :(
Topic has been moved to support.