VST Plugin (.dll problem)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi everyone. For the past few days I've been stuck on this.
So I bought a plugin and installed it on my PC a while ago and it worked perfectly.
I bought a new laptop last week and have tried to install it on the laptop however the plugin loads and then crashes once I click on a sample.

I factory reset my PC yesterday to see if it was a problem with the files and again it worked perfect on my PC.
I also factory reset my laptop and I'm still having the same problem.

I choose the .dll and it loads the plugin and it asks me to choose the sample folder. When I do choose the sample folder, the plugin stays loaded and asks me to reload (for first use sake) and when I do, all I see in the bottom left corner is "Loading plugin" and then nothing appears.

I have also tried reinstalling and tried using it once the plugin first loads but it crashes as soon as I choose a sample.
The samples are formatted as .Ch1

(It works on my PC but not my Laptop)

-

Small details of laptop:

Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Total Virtual Memory 18.4 GB
System Type x64-based PC

-

Thanks everyone.
xNights wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:12 pm
Hi everyone.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum xNights !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
For the past few days I've been stuck on this.
So I bought a plugin and installed it on my PC a while ago and it worked perfectly.
I bought a new laptop last week and have tried to install it on the laptop however the plugin loads and then crashes once I click on a sample.

I factory reset my PC yesterday to see if it was a problem with the files and again it worked perfect on my PC.
I also factory reset my laptop and I'm still having the same problem.

I choose the .dll and it loads the plugin and it asks me to choose the sample folder. When I do choose the sample folder, the plugin stays loaded and asks me to reload (for first use sake) and when I do, all I see in the bottom left corner is "Loading plugin" and then nothing appears.

I have also tried reinstalling and tried using it once the plugin first loads but it crashes as soon as I choose a sample.
The samples are formatted as .Ch1
(It works on my PC but not my Laptop)
Small details of laptop:
Processor AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, 1500 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Total Virtual Memory 18.4 GB
System Type x64-based PC
That is a nasty issue!
Have you tried other VSTs?
try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Lets know the outcome :)
Im afraid i have to say that it is not a LMMS problem, it seams you have some setting or HW-issue on your labtop, that causes this.
I hate those type of problems, because they are next to impossible to solve, without having the actual labtop in my hands.
But first thing would be
Get a different LMMS-packages -EG remove current installation, download a NEW pack and re-install!
If the issue persists, You need to go through all the HW and look for a conflict, Look for anything with an exclamation mark in drivers, or perhaps a driver that need to be updated.
I hope for the best.
musikbear wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm
That is a nasty issue!
Have you tried other VSTs?
try MDA-Piano http://mda.smartelectronix.com/synths.htm
It is very small in size, and you can just copy its dll to your VST-folder. Further its a quite good piano-instrument, so it is a win win
Lets know the outcome :)
Im afraid i have to say that it is not a LMMS problem, it seams you have some setting or HW-issue on your labtop, that causes this.
I hate those type of problems, because they are next to impossible to solve, without having the actual labtop in my hands.
But first thing would be
Get a different LMMS-packages -EG remove current installation, download a NEW pack and re-install!
If the issue persists, You need to go through all the HW and look for a conflict, Look for anything with an exclamation mark in drivers, or perhaps a driver that need to be updated.
I hope for the best.
Hi! I actually subscribed to you and messaged you on YouTube earlier funny enough haha. But I downloaded MDA-Piano and it works perfectly. Every other plugin also works perfectly too. It seems to be this plugin that I bought just doesn't want to work on my laptop. The plugin works great on my PC but even after factory resetting my laptop, I am still facing the same issue.

I have also tried uninstalling LMMS and still the same issue. I think it has to be a laptop issue but I wouldn't know how to fix that.

Thank you for the reply.
What vst plugin did you buy that was causing this problem?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:48 am
What vst plugin did you buy that was causing this problem?
Hi. I bought West Coast Grammy 2 off Infinit-Essentials.
As you can see on the image link below (screenshot) I've attached, I bought this a month ago and it works great on my PC.
However it crashes on my Laptop.

Link: https://imgur.com/a/vF3bvrU

Thank you.

*Also, I have bought a few plugins from Infinit-Essentials and they work just fine apart from WCG2 that crashes on the laptop.
I've seen some odd VSTs that just... refuse to work.
A prominent example is the igorski ones. They just... don't work.
But those are free.
xNights wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:01 pm
Hi! I actually subscribed to you and messaged you on YouTube earlier funny enough haha.
Oh so that was you :) Thes i invited you to use either this forum or Discord, and watta you know. I also saw your post there 🤣
But I downloaded MDA-Piano and it works perfectly. Every other plugin also works perfectly
too.
Aaa.. Then i guess Monospace is on the right track: Some just dont work.
I would try to get a refont, also the develloper should be eager to learn, that his commercial plugin has issues with some hardware, and that is exactly the situation here:
Works on desktop
Works NOT on laptop
He will need your specs!
You can use a page like
https://www.hwinfo.com/
Or get Speccy its free too
musikbear wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:33 pm
Aaa.. Then i guess Monospace is on the right track: Some just dont work.
I would try to get a refont, also the develloper should be eager to learn, that his commercial plugin has issues with some hardware, and that is exactly the situation here:
Works on desktop
Works NOT on laptop
He will need your specs!
You can use a page like
https://www.hwinfo.com/
Or get Speccy its free too
I've tried contacting DigiKitz support and nothing. So many others have stated that they do not reply and I've been waiting for around a week. I've seen a lot of complaints about them not replying though so it's a shame really.
Thats ⬆ lousy service!👎