Recording breath/wind controller while playing the keyboard

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,

I just installed LMMS recently and I am shopping for a breath controller or a wind controller to play and record some wind instruments using LMMS.

I would use the MIDI out of the breath/wind controller and feed it into the MIDI in of a LMMS track. I think that some of the breath/wind controller sends out MIDI note ON/OFF, MIDI velocity, MIDI Modulation and MIDI Pitch bend and probably others too. For breath controllers, the notes would be played on a MIDI keyboard instead.

I am also installing Virtual Playing Orchestra which has a 'performance' VST that accepts the MIDI modulation wheel (CC#1 I think) as input to control the expression on some of the wind/brass instruments. This is quite important to get a realistic sounding instrument I think.

Before I order that controller, I am trying to figure out if this setup will work inside of LMMS.

Do I have to do anything special or do all the MIDI data (CC#1 for example) coming into LMMS can be routed to whichever VST is selected/currently being played/recorded?

If not, is there a way to make this work so that my breath/wind controller MIDI data goes toward a selected/specific VST?
virtualpaul wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:16 pm
Hi all,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum virtualpaul !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I would use the MIDI out of the breath/wind controller and feed it into the MIDI in of a LMMS track. I think that some of the breath/wind controller sends out MIDI note ON/OFF, MIDI velocity, MIDI Modulation and MIDI Pitch bend and probably others too. For breath controllers, the notes would be played on a MIDI keyboard instead.
Atm LMMS cant sent midi out! LMMS can only receive input from a midi-controller, and have one instrument playing, as the user press a key on that MIDI-keyboard.

Before I order that controller, I am trying to figure out if this setup will work inside of LMMS.
No, only MIDI in pr USB. Sorry
Thanks for your answer.
I guess I'll check back from time to time if the MIDI out gets implemented.
Cheers!