LMMS Plugins could not be loaded Error

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I made some music, saved it normally and I could open the files again without any problems but NOW if I try to open a file, well It opens but it then says that there is an error on some files and this includes all "sound" files, plugins and VSTs. They couldnt be loaded and I have to manually load EACH one by one. This happens at almost every Music file that I load, to listen/keep working and it doesnt really stay loaded after manually loading and saving the file again. I hope there is a solution and thanks for the help.
Have you changed the name of the folder in which your sound files and VST plugins are stored?
FR8Y_YT wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:31 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum FR8Y_YT!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
NOW if I try to open a file, well It opens but it then says that there is an error on some files and this includes all "sound" files, plugins and VSTs. They couldnt be loaded and I have to manually load EACH one by one.
As Monospace said, you would get this problem if you made changes to your USER folder. You need to inspect a project and find a segment for loading of an instrument.
In our projects that is called a src
That would look like:

Code: Select all

src="C:/Users/<your-username>/<some-path> /overmap1/vst/oneSynth1/patch.xpf" 
But ofcouse be specific for your pc!
That path is what LMMS expect!
Compare that path to the path that actually NOW exists on your pc!
If it is an issue with an altered path, these two will be different!
In order to inspect a project and readout the src, the project must have been saved as mmp and only notepad should be used. Do not use Word or any other text-editor!
If you find the task to difficult you are welcome to upload a previous functional project, and IM me the the DL-link -Just click my nametag and use 'contact-musikbear'
Monospace wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:45 am
Have you changed the name of the folder in which your sound files and VST plugins are stored?
Oh I did! Right. I renamed it with an "A" at start so the folder is quicker accessable. (And I have only one folder where every "Sound" is in btw.) So how to fix that?
Thanks for the help I just need to reload all the sounds I guess. Might take some time but we learn from mistakes. Thx again
Delete the "A" from the name of the folder again.