All VST plugins suddenly not loading out of no where

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi everyone,
Looong time LMMS user (1.1.3 on Windows 10) who hasn't had any issues whatsoever until about two weeks ago when all my vst plugins stopped working out of the blue With this type of error message as soon as I open a project with plugins

The VST-plugin VST Instruments/Tyrell/TyrellN6(x64).dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!)

All plugins worked perfectly with no issue before.

Any help would of immense help, cheers and good day.
bootysweat669 wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:22 pm
Hi everyone,
Looong time LMMS user (1.1.3 on Windows 10) who hasn't had any issues whatsoever until about two weeks ago when all my vst plugins stopped working out of the blue With this type of error message as soon as I open a project with plugins
By any chance have you renamed the folder in which the VST plugins are located, or moved your plugins, or changed your username?
If you have done any of the above, revert the changes you made.
bootysweat669 wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum bootysweat669 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

This topic explains what Monospace says you have to do:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34951

Let us know the outcome :)
Monospace wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:27 pm
bootysweat669 wrote:
Hi everyone,
By any chance have you renamed the folder in which the VST plugins are located, or moved your plugins, or changed your username?
Nope! None of those things at least not intentionally, but I'm actually 100% positive, except for the username part which I'm not sure of. Also thanks for the response! In any case would the folder have to be renamed in the program or from the desktop, sorry total noob.
Monospace wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:27 pm
bootysweat669 wrote:
Hi everyone,
The main thing is I lost all my presets which sucks pretty bad (actually more than pretty bad, it's been devastating though luckily I have many tracks where I use non Vst samples but still).
You would have to rename the folder name from desktop, not program. You cannot rename folder name from desktop.
You aren't sure? By any chance, have you changed the username of your Windows account? That's what I mean- it can cause issues. Even changing the case of one of the letters could be problematic.
It could also happened if you changed the location of VST folder entirely. In that case, you want to move it back to the old location.

There is a way to fix this, if your projects are .mmp, you open the project in a txt or xml editor, and go through it. Each time the VST path comes up, you replace it with the new VST path. If your projects are .mmpz, then MAYBE re-saving from LMMS as .mmp should work? But I don't know.
This is a last resort, for users like you who aren't confident with computers. Ideally you want to reverse the filesystem change that caused the issue. Changing the project in a txt/xml editor is a tedious and extremely annoying job.
bootysweat669 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:53 pm
Are you the same one that asks for assistance in Discord?