Mapped Controls reset to 0 on Project Reload

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a couple of controls of virtual synths mapped to a midi controller. When I close and reopen the project, all controls are set to zero, also pan, for what it really doesn't make sense.
This means that all meaningful settings in the project are getting destroyed.

The state of the controll buttons keep intact if not mapped to a hardware controller.
It doen't matter if the controller is an endless one or not.

Is there a tweak how I could get around this?
First off, Welcome to the Forum Martin !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Martin wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 am
I have a couple of controls of virtual synths mapped to a midi controller. When I close and reopen the project, all controls are set to zero
please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version, and the site where you got it from

If the issue are with default content:
* lmms instrument involved
* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)
* Name of FX-plugin if any used
If the issue are with non-default content:
* VST involved & link to a download for this VST
* Name of VST-FX-plugin if any used
* a demo mmpz
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:04 pm
First off, Welcome to the Forum Martin !
Yes, hello to you all!
musikbear wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:04 pm
please post your:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version, and the site where you got it from

If the issue are with default content:
* lmms instrument involved
* lmms preset (if a factory preset is used)
* Name of FX-plugin if any used
This is my system:
Host: HP ProBook 445 G8 Notebook PC
Kernel: 5.13.19-2-MANJARO
Shell: bash 5.1.8
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: Xfce 4.16
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800U with Radeon Graphics (16) @ 1.900GHz
GPU: AMD ATI 05:00.0 Cezanne
Memory: 3906MiB / 31415MiB

I'm using LMMS 1.2.2 and have pipewire 0.3.40 installed, like described here on my blog: https://blog.datapulp.de/install-pipewi ... njaro-xfce

I also have LMMS installed on Windows 10 and will test it, if a mapped controller behaves the same on Windonws. Will be back in some minutes...

LMMS 1.2.2 behaves the same on Windows 10 with SDL as sound output: If you map e.g a controller knob to the pan or volume of a track, draw it full to the right, then save the project and load it again: Every mapped knob is reset to zero.
Martin wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:42 pm

LMMS 1.2.2 behaves the same on Windows 10 with SDL as sound output: If you map e.g a controller knob to the pan or volume of a track, draw it full to the right, then save the project and load it again: Every mapped knob is reset to zero.
That is serious odd !
Could you upload a demo-project with that fail to any host, and post the Download-URL here?
I would like to see that :)
I uploaded my project template.mmpz to here for downloading:

https://cloud.datapulp.de/s/8kxCQWqk5PAds2x

I think you could not take it immediately, because you may have a different controller to set/connect. But, anyways, your controller should do the same. I tried different ones, an AKAI mkp mini mk2 and an Arturia Beatstep.

I just used Kicker. I tried also tripleoszillator. I also tried to disable the automatic recognition in the connection to the controller after once it is set. No change, unfortunately.

My Workflow: Connect the hw-controller with the knob, save, load the project: It is set to zero.
Martin wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:56 pm
I uploaded my project template.mmpz to here for downloading:

https://cloud.datapulp.de/s/8kxCQWqk5PAds2x

I think you could not take it immediately, because you may have a different controller to set/connect. But, anyways, your controller should do the same. I tried different ones, an AKAI mkp mini mk2 and an Arturia Beatstep.

I just used Kicker. I tried also tripleoszillator. I also tried to disable the automatic recognition in the connection to the controller after once it is set. No change, unfortunately.

My Workflow: Connect the hw-controller with the knob, save, load the project: It is set to zero.
you may have a different controller to set/connect. But, anyways, your controller should do the same. I tried different ones, an AKAI mkp mini mk2 and an Arturia Beatstep.
Sorry i completely misunderstood you.
"Controller" is not LMMS Cotroller-rack, it is an external HW MIDI-Keyboard
That is a completely different issue!
LMMS does not do well with connections to MIDI-dials and sliders.
That is a known issue.
It has been possible to connect pitch-wheels on some Keyboards.
Here is a short description of that procedure:

(except from previous manual.)

The basic principle in connecting anything to a keyboard feature is:
Find the knob you want the Mod Wheel to control (filter freq could be a RL example)
Right click on the knob and a list will pop up.
In the list select "Connect to controller", a "Connection Settings" box will pop up.
Make sure MIDI controller and Auto Detect are lit up, then just move the Mod Wheel on your keyboard!
Often it will show as ch1, controller 2
Click OK and the mod wheel should now control the knob you selected.
you can set up any other knob/slider control on a MIDI keyboard controller the same way. It just sets it up as a different controller (CC) number.
Yes, the mapping of my hardware controller worked, but not persistent. this is the problem. If I close the project and reopen it all mapped knobs are set to zero
Martin wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:16 am
Yes, the mapping of my hardware controller worked, but not persistent. this is the problem. If I close the project and reopen it all mapped knobs are set to zero
I am afraid that atm there is no solution. We need to look into this -Sorry!