Ping Pong Loops Always click?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
every time i use the AudioFileProcessor to ping-pong loop a sound, it always clips no matter what i do. I've tried exporting the project but it doesn't seem to help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Generic_mexican_user wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:28 pm
every time i use the AudioFileProcessor to ping-pong loop a sound, it always clips no matter what i do. I've tried exporting the project but it doesn't seem to help. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Go to the volume envelope, and turn up the ATT dial a tiny bit.
What effect do you use to do the ping-pong delay?

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Generic_mexican_user !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
i don't mean delay.

When you go to the AFP you can find that there are three options for the looping:
-disable loop.
-enable loop.
-enable ping-pong loop.

It seems that, whenever i use the ping.pong loop it clips no matter where do i put the loop points or what envelope config i use.

regardless,thanks for the answer.
Any help is appreciated.
-J
i don't mean delay.

When you go to the AFP you can find that there are three options for the looping:
-disable loop.
-enable loop.
-enable ping-pong loop.

It seems that, whenever i use the ping.pong loop it clips no matter where do i put the loop points or what envelope config i use.

regardless,thanks for the answer.
Any help is appreciated.
-J
Oh yes i forgot that option.
It swhould never been called "ping-pong" because the meaning of "ping-pong" is that there is a shift between stereo-channels, as in "ping-pong-delay".
In AFP "ping-pong" actually reverses the sample, and then imideately add the sample to the end, so the sample is played two times.
If there is an artefact-click, it could be a 'flawed' sample.
You say
whenever i use the ping.pong loop it clips no matter
But is that also no matter what sample you use?
If i try clap01.ogg there are no artefact.
What sample do you use?
Also you may benefit from watching my video on AFP
I hope he sees our replies. He hasn't responded since then.
brandystarbrite wrote: I hope he sees our replies. He hasn't responded since then.
musikbear wrote: What sample do you use?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKE_TvklKq0&
1-Sorry, I'm really not that active in this page, i literally just remembered and decided to check.

2-Anything that's less percussive and more melodic will suffer from this, a good example are the pads in stringsnpads. From what i've gathered (off of one of your old posts lol), this happens because of them not having a real silence in them,which causes the loop to click whenever i want to loop.
Anyways thanks a lot for the information.

-J
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:50 pm
brandystarbrite wrote: I hope he sees our replies. He hasn't responded since then.
musikbear wrote: What sample do you use?
1-Sorry, I'm really not that active in this page, i literally just remembered and decided to check.

2-Anything that's less percussive and more melodic will suffer from this, a good example are the pads in stringsnpads. From what i've gathered (off of one of your old posts lol), this happens because of them not having a real silence in them,which causes the loop to click whenever i want to loop.
Anyways thanks a lot for the information.

-J
this happens because of them not having a real silence in them,which causes the loop to click whenever i want to loop
Yes, but then you need to make the looping sequence with a start-point on 0dB and a end-point on 0dB
You can either use the magnification in AFP itself, or you can make a new sound-file in f,i, Audacity, where you can set both the point-of-attack and release, extremely precise.
musikbear wrote: Yes, but then you need to make the looping sequence with a start-point on 0dB and a end-point on 0dB
You can either use the magnification in AFP itself, or you can make a new sound-file in f,i, Audacity, where you can set both the point-of-attack and release, extremely precise.
ok thanks