Not opening in Windows 2000 - error with msvcrt.dll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
When I try to open lmms.exe, I get the following error message:
The procedure entry point ___lc_codepage_func could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll
I downloaded the most recent 32-bit Windows version from the official site, so I guess that would be 0.4.12.

Interestingly, this problem seems to have also appeared in Wireshark, and was fixed in Wireshark 1.2.18. Maybe the solution is the same, whatever they did to fix it?
ooh.. win 2000 (w2k) is a very different animal all together. alot of prograns does not run on w2k - ..natively, that is, and thats where things start to get complicated. Many hotfixes has been made, mostly in order to get some of the most popular games up on w2k, but it has almost beeen the rule, that if one isues was solved 3 new apeared :p .. almost.
Your main problem will be that core funtionality in directX is dodgy in w2k.
I would really recomend an upgrade to (at least) xp, but stay away from vista :/

Br.
Is there maybe an older version of LMMS that was known to work in Win2k? I presume that some version of it must've worked, because the official site says that win2k is supported.

Are old versions still hosted somewhere?
Are old versions still hosted somewhere?
well at
https://sourceforge.net/news/?group_id=105168
you may be able to find that, but i doubt you will be able to run it.
Do you mean that the team would have labelled it as working in Windows 2000 without anyone having ever actually tested it to see if it did, in fact, run?
Sometimes the error occur when the user try to access or open the windows 2000 and then dll create an issue then you have to download missing msvcrt.dll file anfter that you receive a news about how to fix the error.