C++ Runtime Library Related Issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
m0m wrote:Hi! I signed up to share what fixed this issue for me.
Thanks for sharing!
This could be the solution for
Audio80 wrote:@
I will add your fine solution to our wiki.

In case you dont know about the whole LMMS 'world' These may be of interest:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232
Hey there I am new here, I got troubles in using LMMS.
My Operating System is: Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) 64bit.
I am using a Trust Soundcard (5.1 Surround).

I got this problem:
Image

Do we have any solution for that?
Please help me.
..ehhm 2 post back
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7& ... =10#p15566
Have worked for this 64x c++ runtime-issue.
Did you try that?
Is this a 'one off' or does it happen every time/ every LMMS-startup?
Yes every start up. I am up to date with updates.
I installed Visual C++ (vcredist) 2010.

After opening this error and after clicking okay, that program crash/freeze.

Update, no I am trying with vcredist 2010 SP1.
In that Error code I found anything wrong with libportaudio-2.dll.
I tried 32bit instead of 64bít. Same error.
hmm.. not good
TheInferno wrote: I tried 32bit instead of 64bít. Same error.
I read this as
"I have also DE-installed the 64 bit completely
and
removed all folders that remained from the installation library
and
Deleted all shortcuts that exists, both those on my desktop, and the ones in folder All-programs
Then:
I shut down my computer, waited 2 mins. and restarted.
And:
Then i went to the official LMMS download-page and downloaded this:
https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/releases/d ... -win32.exe
Then i installed it.
Have you done all the above, and in that order?

If not, could you try to follow that 'recipe' step by step, and tell me the result?
Also, please do not run any ICQ/ Messenger/ Skype like programs in the back!
musikbear wrote:...
Thanks for sharing!...
I will add your fine solution to our wiki.

In case you dont know about the whole LMMS 'world' These may be of interest:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232
Great! Thanks for the links. I was installing for my 17 year old who has been having a wonderful time with LMMS and I will pass along the links.
TheInferno wrote:Hey there I am new here, I got troubles in using LMMS.
My Operating System is: Windows 7 Home Premium (SP1) 64bit.
I am using a Trust Soundcard (5.1 Surround).

I got this problem:
[[image of C++ error popup omitted]]

Do we have any solution for that?
Please help me.
I had that problem on Windows 10 64 bit. What eventually worked for me was:

1) Install 64 bit version of LMMS

2) In the LMMS folder delete the file named libportaudio-2.dll

3) Download and install this version of Bitwig: https://downloads.bitwig.com/stable/1.0 ... 1.0.13.msi

4) Locate the Bitwig folder and copy the file named portaudio-x64.dll to your LMMS folder & rename it libportaudio-2.dll

5) Restart computer
cybortomica wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:04 am
Hi. I need some advice to proceed with LMMS. I installed it today and it opened and ran great the first time on instillation. But now when I try to open it from the initial splash page I get this error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team...

And the LMMS closes.

Not sure how to proceed. Any help greatly appreciated.
For Windows 32-bit the file in
portaudio-r1891-build.zip in directory:

portaudio-r1891-build\lib\Win32\Release

called portaudio_x86.dll can be used to replace libportaudio-2.dll (rename or delete)

Portaudio is under an MIT License and an additional license may need to be added to the LMMS installation.,..

Portaudio link on github, r1891-build: at address–

github.com/adfernandes/precompiled-portaudio-windows/blob/master/portaudio-r1891-build.zip

portaudio_x64.dll for 64-bit windows
rico001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 pm
Portaudio is under an MIT License and an additional license may need to be
PortAudio is the new default backend for lmms as of > 1.1.3.
But info is interesting, because ASIO is mentioned on the page.
https://github.com/adfernandes/precompi ... io-windows
As of the PRs ASIO is no longer available (it was seriously unstable in < 1.1.3 , so no big loss..)
If the github dll also has ASIO, then it is indeed important
Good link. i may add something on wiki after 1.20 release.

Besides that, since you are new here

Welcome to the forum rico001! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Thanks.

Retrying it I can only get the 32-bit nonportable version to work with this method, not the 64-bit, so far I've tried on version 1.1.0 and 1.1.3, this is ok for me.
musikbear wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:44 pm
rico001 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:25 pm
Portaudio is under an MIT License and an additional license may need to be
PortAudio is the new default backend for lmms as of > 1.1.3.
But info is interesting, because ASIO is mentioned on the page.
https://github.com/adfernandes/precompi ... io-windows
As of the PRs ASIO is no longer available (it was seriously unstable in < 1.1.3 , so no big loss..)
If the github dll also has ASIO, then it is indeed important
Good link. i may add something on wiki after 1.20 release.

Besides that, since you are new here

Welcome to the forum rico001! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Who is online

In total there are 14 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 131 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 13 guests