Can't open project

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi

I've started using LMMS quite a bit recently and I spent a couple of hours on a project. But today when I started LMMS and tried to open the project it said "The file C:/Users/Axel/lmms/samples/LazerBlade sample collection/House/Hats/projects/Tryhard sång.mmpz seems to contain errors and therefore can't be loaded." I've had this problem before on a project which I spent lot less hours on so I didn't bother doing anything about it, but I really wanna continue on this one. That other time the file was in the standard /lmms/projects so this bug propably doesn't have anything to do with where I saved it. All other projects work.

I also had the sound bug were all sounds get distorted and really crappy this morning but I fixed that by changing the audio interface.

I'm on Windows 8 and I'm using the latest version of Lmms. I tried opening the project with an older version of LMMS but it didn't work either.

Please help ASAP.
Typically it is from using special characters in the project name.
Stakeout Punch wrote:Typically it is from using special characters in the project name.
It was named "Tryhard sång" but I renamed it because I thought that was the problem. I still can't open it though. Can I get it back somehow?
yes, you can get it back - what formate is it saved in? mmp of mmpz
Resave it as mmp. Open it in a text editor and paste the code here.
musikbear wrote:yes, you can get it back - what formate is it saved in? mmp of mmpz

It's in mmpz
Stakeout Punch wrote:Resave it as mmp. Open it in a text editor and paste the code here.
What code?
Ackerr wrote:
Stakeout Punch wrote:Resave it as mmp. Open it in a text editor and paste the code here.
What code?
The code = the text in the text editor.
sti2nd wrote:
Ackerr wrote:
What code?
The code = the text in the text editor.
I can't find anything. It's like invisible text, I can place the mouse anywhere but I can't see anything.

Attachments

I hope you can still save this project, but a small tip form some one who is using computers for years.

Always make a second copy.

I have popcorn1 and popcorn2. Would one stop to work, I can fall back to the other file.
I even have more copies but I am quite paranoid concerning computers when I am creating something.
A word doc or a cad file, I always make an extra copy.