Xruns using WatSyn

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi everyone,
first of all, thanks again for this very very nice project!

I'm writing to ask about a problem I'm having with certain presets I've made for WatSyn, where I'm getting xruns while doing normal playing at the midi controller. (I use Jack for audio management.)

I'm wondering if the xruns are caused by certain parameters within the presets themselves, or if there is a bug somewhere. I also noticed that CPU tends to go pretty high during use.

My version of LMMS is up-to-date, I'm on a 32-bit laptop with Ubuntu Studio 15.04 and KXStudio.

You can download two preset and test it at these links, if it is of help:

http://linuxsynths.com/WatSynPatchesDem ... OfCake.xpf

http://linuxsynths.com/WatSynPatchesDemos/Richy.xpf
--This second preset works fine if the amplitude release stage is short, but if you lengthen it, the notes begin to garble or "pile up" and cause distortion.

Thanks in advance!

brian
brianc wrote: where I'm getting xruns while doing normal playing at the midi controller.
You use an external keyboard, right?
i dont know what xruns are? -Are they some error from the kb display?
musikbear wrote:
You use an external keyboard, right?
i dont know what xruns are? -Are they some error from the kb display?
Hello musikbear,
yes, I'm using an external piano keyboard controller.
Xruns are basically audio dropouts. In the QJackCtl panel they appear in red when they occur. Generally I don't get these dropouts with other synths, but I did encounter problems with Watsyn.

brian
Thanks for clarifying.
I know nothing about jack, so im not able to assist.
I could not access your uploads. The xml resulted in empty projects. Could you place both watsyn presets in a normal mmp, and use something like dropbox?
At least i could test the behavior on win with SDL, but i doubt there would be anything gained, that can solve the jack thing :/
musikbear wrote:Thanks for clarifying.
I could not access your uploads. The xml resulted in empty projects. Could you place both watsyn presets in a normal mmp, and use something like dropbox?
At least i could test the behavior on win with SDL, but i doubt there would be anything gained, that can solve the jack thing :/
Oh.. I thought it would be sufficient to insert the preset file and test the performance of the synth that way. In fact, I didn't make any project, I was just making some presets. I also doubt that testing on Windows will help. So I'll look at the presets again and see what I can adjust. I also noted that CPU usage was high, so there might be something in the linux version that needs investigating.

brian
musikbear wrote:Thanks for clarifying.
Um, maybe save them as *.xpf under your watsyn preset-directory and not *.xml