Suddenly my LMMS will only generate horrid-garbage-sounds

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I make a LOT of music using LMMS, every single day for two years --- always works great. Today, worked fine all day until suddenly, a few hours ago, LMMS emits nothing but horrible noise, regardless of anything I do with it. I hadn't done anything different, or changed any settings. I checked my sound settings in LMMS Preferences, and tried every possible combination --- same terrible-noise results. I uninstalled and re-installed. No change. Same computer I've been using (Windows XP, 4GB RAM and plenty of hard drive space), and everything else works great, sounds great on the computer.

For me, this is a disaster. I hope one of you has experienced this before, and knows the cause and the fix.

thanks
Sounds similar to my issue - could you check and see if it's the same as my description? Might help with solving both our problems...

http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4731
Hello

Did you try this:

Edit >> Settings >> Audio Settings >> Audio interface = "SDL(Simple DirectMedia Layer)"

and try to balance your Buffer size.

regards
No, I didn't try adjusting buffer sizes. I have now tried that: no change.
I'm just here to subscribe to the topic so I can find out how to create some amazing horrid garbage sounds once this is resolved.
sizemore0409 wrote:I make a LOT of music using LMMS, every single day for two years --- always works great.
Could you try to create a new project, and tell me if you also get noise from that?
After you do what muskbear and others suggested, both you sizemore0409 and AdrianHiggs go to the link Adrian put in his post, up above.
I also put suggestion on page 2.
Hopefully that works.
If not, then tell us.

Here is the link again: http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4731
Musikbear;

Yes, the badly-distorted noise occurs regardless of whether it is a new project or an old one, regardless whether the instrument used is one that comes with LMMS, or a 3rd-party vst using Vestige or SF2 Player. The sound produced is a loud growling, gravelly distorted noise.

In case it is helpful information, my sound card is SoundMax HD Audio. As I mentioned before, I have made no changes in my computer; and all other audio software and programs are functioning normally. There have been no Windows updates since MicroSoft stopped supporting Windows XP, and virus scan is clean.

thanks
Ok, I think I have the answer: In the settings, for choice SDL (Simple Direct Media Layer), in the "device" box appeared "igxprd.dll". I assumed it was there because it was supposed to be. I decided to research that dll, and discovered it is related to graphics operations, not audio. So I simply deleted it, leaving the "device" box empty on the LMMS Audio Settings page. I saved that change; and now the sound is back to normal.

So, somehow "igxprd.dll" crept into the device field on the Audio Settings page. I certainly didn't put it there. Maybe this information will be useful to somebody. My issue seems to be resolved, and I can get back to making music. (Of course, other people might think my music is horrid-garbage noise.)

:-)
lol and congratz. :)