CPU can't take it

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So recently, I open up LMMS, continue to work on the project I was working on, and when I start playing the song, the CPU starts going, but the longer it's being played, the more CPU is being taken up, and before it could get halfway into the song it's just at the peak....I don't know why it does this but here are my specs

GPU - Intel HD Graphics Family

Windows 10

This is strange.
With those specs, it shouldn't do that.

1)Is it slowing down your PC?

2) Quad core or dual core

3) Are you using alot of 3rd party Vst's, that consume alot of CPU power?
If so, then that could possibly explain the problem.

4) Are you using tons of high CPU effects plugins?

Somehow, I doubt you're using lots of 3rd party Vst's, or special effects plugins, that use alot of CPU power.
But could you give us some more details.

Also, Welcome to the Lmms Forums.
I hope you enjoy your stay here. 8-)

By Moderator Starbrite.
These may be of interest to you
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232
:)
Please post
* OS (+service-pack-ver)
* lmms vers
* if any, name of theme
* lmms sound device chosen
* if any -screenshots of error
* names and best download links of any used vst's
brandystarbrite wrote:This is strange.
With those specs, it shouldn't do that.

1)Is it slowing down your PC?

2) Quad core or dual core

3) Are you using alot of 3rd party Vst's, that consume alot of CPU power?
If so, then that could possibly explain the problem.

4) Are you using tons of high CPU effects plugins?

I'm speechless, all of this stuff was basically fixed by deleting one of the Pads that I put it to go in with the pianos as an echo effect or something like that, after I delete it from the project, the CPU basically runs flawlessly

This Pad or effect I'm talking about is in ZynAddSubFX as a preset (70. Flanged Wind Pad - olivers-100) although I bumped it up by giving it more release time....

....that said, that was what caused the CPU explosion

It was on LMMS 1.1.3 (64-bit)
Itussigi wrote:This Pad or effect I'm talking about is in ZynAddSubFX as a preset (70. Flanged Wind Pad - olivers-100) although I bumped it up by giving it more release time....
Aha,.....That would explain the problems you were experiencing.
And the fact that it was a Pad sound, and you bumped up the release, the release continues on and on and adds on more and more, as each new pad notes are playing and it uses up alot of power.

It could be a ZynAddSubFX glitch too though. Ha! Ha!

I have always noticed that really good sounding Pad sounds, use up alot of power.

Thanks for giving us, all of that info and giving us the name of the preset too.
Glad to see you solved, the problem that you were experiencing. :geek:
Oh, if you haven't already, check out the links that musikbear posted.
It links to other links, with tons of useful info. :)
brandystarbrite wrote: Aha,.....That would explain the problems you were experiencing.
Yes! exactly.
Imagine the process, You add release to a note and that release stays active as the next release sets in. Now they 'fight' for the resources, and then the next 'arrives' The first isent even 'done', but now 4. claims resources, and that will add up to a spiking cpu.
You can actually see the same if you try arpeggio on pads, there cpu spiking can also occur.
Wow. Thanks for the info! I use ZynAddSubFX presets in most of my work. I also like reverb… the cpu meter usually peaks around 50%. Sometimes more, depending on how many presets and how many FXs I’m using. I’ve run into this problem before and had to stop working on the project…
musikbear wrote:Yes! exactly.
Imagine the process, You add release to a note and that release stays active as the next release sets in. Now they 'fight' for the resources, and then the next 'arrives' The first isent even 'done', but now 4. claims resources, and that will add up to a spiking cpu.
You can actually see the same if you try arpeggio on pads, there cpu spiking can also occur.
Aha! You said it best musikbear.
That's another good explanation of how the problem starts and works.

And the arpeggio example you described, is a very good one.
Which is why I always, never use arpeggio's on pad sounds. Lol! :P

However, if I did try to use/do, an arpeggio, on a good pad sound, I always lower the release and attack on the pad sound,
to make it sound slighty pluckish.
Just to be safe.
But sometimes, I have realised, that doing so, doesn't always work. :)

So this is where, alot of experimentation comes into play here. :D