Fluttering/Static sound in background

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Yo, its ya boi Flex

So I downloaded lmms yesterday and I'm jamming and having a good time and such, until i go to take a break. When i come back and open the program there is this strange fluttering/static noise in the background of all my sounds.

Well then im like "Something mustve been corrupted" and I reinstall. Nothing seems to have changed. I proceed to google solutions and the like, which lead me to mess around with the sound settings. A couple of times i get it to the point where it seems ok, then it the problem reverts after a period of time or after i reopen the program.

The fluttering/static does not consume the sound and it only really seems to occur when a sound is isolated i.e. in a sample, in the piano roll, or when it is the only thing playing in the song editor. some sounds are fine playing in the song editor but all fluttery and such when i play it in the piano roll.

Im at a loss, pls help
Hello and welcome to the Lmms Forums.
First off, what is your operating system eg. Windows? Linux? Mac OSX? 8-)
FlexPlexico wrote: So I downloaded lmms yesterday
Welcome FlexPlexico! Here is a topic for all newcomers :
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=15232#p15232

Your issue is strange..
My guess is that something is eating your ram, and after a while, you have not much left. Can you inspect your hardware and ram-usage?
We also need to know what Brandi asked for- and:
* service-pack-ver
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most imortant)
* lmms sound device chosen
* perhaps a sound-file
Thanks for the responses :) I was actually seemingly able to fix the problem by changing the audio settings to sdl

In case it is still important:

Windows 10
lmms 1.1.3
8gb ram
Realtek High Definition Audio
FlexPlexico wrote:able to fix the problem by changing the audio settings to sdl
Great, yes thats one of the reason we needed to know the OS :)
You have a good pc!