Noob Questions

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey, a couple of noob questions about LMMS:

Is it possible to connect elements in the Song Editor? It gets frustrating when you write a part and then wish to create an experimental measure but find out later that you wish to connect the 2 and the parts don't end up flowing right and the only way to make them flow is to go back to the first segment and add on the notes that are in the second segment. What if the segments are 20 measures long? That's a lot of work just to not make it sound skippy between them.

Is there a way to move the first loop-point without having a middle button? (I'm on a laptop).

What's the difference between presets and samples? Are samples just instrument sounds and presets are messed-with sounds from a provided plug-in?

Is there any way to know the volume number on the adjustments at the bottom of the piano roll? Or do you just have to guess? I don't want a song to sound odd just because of such a slight volume discrepency.

Also, how do you rearrange tracks in the Song Editor? I did it somehow on accident but can't figure it out now haha.

Thanks everyone!
Chris
Is it possible to connect elements in the Song Editor?
'connect' -no, but you can overlab them
here
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=465
i explain that for another user -got a video even :)
Is there a way to move the first loop-point without having a middle button? (I'm on a laptop).
afraid not
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index. ... y_Mappings
shows shortcuts
-sure your labtop does not have a key combo for 'middle'?
What's the difference between presets and samples? Are samples just instrument sounds and presets are messed-with sounds from a provided plug-in?
samples is recorded loops of anything played in a sampleplayer
presets generate the sound themselfs -normally with more options in respect to the overall sound-texture
Is there any way to know the volume number on the adjustments at the bottom of the piano roll?
no
rearrange tracks in the Song Editor?
on the preset in the songeditor theres a 'tools-icon'. To the left of that icon theres a small icon that looks like nobbled rubber :D
hold an press left mouse and slide the whole track up and down on this area

hope that cleared things for you
Br.
Thanks for the reply!

Tried looking for an alternate middle-mouse button but I guess I'll have to wait till I get one, oh well.

I'll try not to make this a book of questions, I'm trying to figure things out for myself mostly lol, but why when you insert a sample into the Song Editor it creates a new track for it, but not when you insert plug-ins or presets? They just take over whatever track you release them on. Can't seem to figure this out.

And I'll probably be back with Automation questions if the manual doesn't help me much haha.

Thanks!
Chris