Help connecting midi keyboard to LMMS via midi to usb

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

I have been trying to connect my midi keyboard to my laptop using a midi to usb thing I got. The brand of the converter is sanoxy.

I've done all the steps LMMS and Youtube say that works. I clicked on the TripleOscillator, went to MIDI, and clicked the allow input button and the button turned green which is all right. Then when I click on the little piano with the arrow right next to it, nothing shows up. I've also tried to other option suggest which is just clicking on the little settings thing of the Triple Oscillator and clicking MIDI and then clicking input, but then nothing shows up to select. I also tried all of this with the Beat/Baseline editor, too, but nothing showed up regarding MIDI at all.

Secondly, I then tried connecting my keyboard to Audacity and that didn't work either.

I think the problem is that on my midi to usb converter there are three lights, two of them are off and one of them is on. The light next to "OUT" is on and the light next to "IN" is off. I think the light next to "IN" should be on, but I have no clue how to do that. I even read the manual for my midi keyboard and it is no help.

If somebody has any clue what I can do on my midi keyboard to help connect it to my laptop and LMMS, that would be so wonderful.

Thank you!!!
That is very often using the wrong connections. Your 5 pin MIDI cable should go from MIDI OUT on the keyboard to MIDI IN on the converter. Many people plug OUT to OUT but that doesn't work. Alternatively you may have a bad MIDI cable, have you tried more than one to check ?

If that's not it then what operating system do you have on your laptop? Converter plugged into a USB 2.0 socket NOT USB 3.0? Most keyboards transmit MIDI automatically but if yours doesn't and you want help with it you'll have to tell us what keyboard it is.

Steve