Low-quality audio output when Sforzando used as vsti

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
sizemore0409 wrote:It was Grejppi's suggestion. I was not aware of the base velocity setting within the LMMS Midi tab. Turning that setting up from 63 improves Vestige's transmission of sound with quite a few instruments --- but it still doesn't provide the sound quality which would be desired. Vestige has many problems which I hope will be addressed and fixed in upcoming versions of LMMS.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying and thanks for that important info. :D
For other reasons i came back here and reading this
sizemore0409 wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:27 am
base velocity setting within the LMMS Midi tab. Turning that setting up from 63 improves Vestige's transmission of sound with quite a few instruments
- I need to say : But with a cost!
By this i mean, yes -It is possible to raise a volume by altering the default value of MIDI, but then You wont have a velosity-span of that instrument! That means that the columns on the Velosity-Tab in piano-roll, will do nothing, or proportional less, depending on how much you 'steal' of the MIDI-span. In essence, altering the default MIDI-velocity means that you will get a more uniformed instrument output, where all notes has same velocity. Humanizing is not possible on such an instrument. Adding one or more Amplifiers -especially pre-amp, is better.