Failed loading VST plugin

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I recently began using LMMS in composing music, and it worked well until this day. I have used VST instruments, and almost all of them have worked. Today I installed East West Play VST. After the installation was complete, all VST instruments in LMMS stopped working. It just wouldn't load any of them. It always gives this message:

Code: Select all

The VST-plugin D:/Program Files/VstPlugins/plugin.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!
I have LMMS 0.4.13 and my OS is Windows 7 64-bit. I've tried reinstalling LMMS, both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, with no luck. How can I get VST instruments working again?
How can I get VST instruments working again?
have you tried a new project?
-or should i understand this as any and all projects cant load at all if they contain vst's ?!
That would be serious.. :/
Explain further
musikbear wrote:
How can I get VST instruments working again?
have you tried a new project?
-or should i understand this as any and all projects cant load at all if they contain vst's ?!
That would be serious.. :/
Explain further
Ok, I'll make it as clear as I can. I can't load any vst's what so ever in lmms, in any situation. I've tried both creating a new project and adding a vst, and loading an existing project containing vst's. The projects load otherwise fine, but it always fails loading the vst's, so I can't use any vst's in lmms in any way. Now I'm forced to use Reaper evaluation version if I want to use vst's, because they just won't work in lmms. I think this is pretty serious.
seams like the vst you installed have 'hogged' the path where lmms looks for vsts
The simplest possibele solution could be to create a new folder and point lmms to this new location for vst's
HOWEVER...
That would render all your previous projects useless -so no go
So no 'simple' solution :/
instead you have to look for complicated and not so amusing 'solution'
Have you googled that pesty 'East West Play VST' -perhaps others have been where you are now.
next
Use your install-mannager to remove East West Play VST completely from your pc
next
Search the regDB for anything that has connection to 'East West Play VST' and remove its key
(could harm you!)
next
use roll-back to reset your pc to a previous state before the awfull install of East West Play VST.
lastly -hope thats not neccesary..
reinstall.. :/
Installing 'stuff' can always harm your pc. In this case it looks like it did