Problem sustaining notes to the end of the measure

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there! I just installed version 1.1.3 - Had to reinstall my OS so I don't remember what version I was using before, but it wasn't more than a couple years old. I've noticed an odd behavior that wasn't in the previous version; when I sustain a note to the end of a measure and exit the piano roll, the track shows an extra, empty measure after the one I sustained the note in. In the song editor this isn't much of an issue, but when I'm using the beat/bassline editor this translates into an awkward pause at the end of every phrase. The only way I've found to counteract this is to set the quantization to 1/64 and back the sustain off a step, but this is time consuming and irritates my inner perfectionist. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this didn't happen in the last version I had, and I can't find anything in Settings that might fix this.
I have also had this problem, but I never use the BB editor so I never had an issue with it.
Foggy wrote:Hi there! I just installed version 1.1.3 - Had to reinstall my OS so I don't remember what version I was using before, but it wasn't more than a couple years old.
Lots of stuff has happened, so you are
Welcome to the forum Foggy! First, For you all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740

You issue puzzels me, so i would like you to do this
* Open a fresh project
* Open B&B-editor
* Insert one BB-block
*right-clock block and open in Piano-roll
* Set note-length to 1/1 and insert one note in bar 2
* play

Expected: playhead returns to bar one, exactly after reaching the end of bar 2.

What is the behaviour you have?
So... I feel like kind of an idiot now. It must have been some kind of operator error because whenever I try to replicate the problem, it won't do it. Sorry to have wasted your time!

EDIT: Just figured out what it was. I'd been switching between triple and duple time signatures between measures so my note length was just an iota off (having carried over from the triple-time bits). Essentially I found myself doing exactly what Musikbear recommended. Thanks for the help! I'll be more careful from now on...