stretching notes

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
hey guys im new to lmms and im wondering how you stretch notes. ive watched all sorts of videos etc. but i am not to sure. i want to stretch a 'rave base' sample to go for a full bar length instead of its short burst. how do i do so?

cheers dan. :)
Well, with most notes just hold the cursor above the right end of the note in the piano roll and find a spot where the cursor will look like this: <->
Then you can start dragging the note shorter or longer.

There's a bug with really short notes, like if you first click on something in the Beat/Bassline Editor and then try to elongate it in the piano roll. To solve this, take one of the menus at the top-right of the piano roll called "Note Length", select "1 bar", click a note somewhere, click that note again, and change the option back to "Last note". You should now be able to make long and resizeable notes. And avoid those really thin notes.
I think he wants to stretch the sample.

@dan
For editing samples Audacity is a better choice.
thanks guys :)
but yeh, i want to stretch the sample. i will try audacity :)
Stretch the notes involves the same length when you change the tone, i.e. note length will not change in the sampler. It's called stretch mode but there is not in LMMS, unfortunately.
danbritton wrote:
Wed May 23, 2012 11:50 am
hey guys im new to lmms
Welcome to the forum danbritton! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
wondering how you stretch notes
Thats already fixed, but you may like to study all the different ways of editing notes as well as blocks, that is available in lmms.
Here are a bunch of videos on the subject
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... vIJ8rD8Ohs

Perhaps my LMMS rookie-guide can interest you? Link in signature.

Finally you write:
i want to stretch a 'rave base' sample to go for a full bar length instead of its short burst.
Lmms happens to have an astonishing powerful feature, that turns the program into a real sample-looper like sony-asid.
You can learn how to do this here;
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=cCTaCs_8j2M