Project transfer?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
:cry: I've been working on a home computer at my old house since like 2013, but college starts for me this year and i moved all of my projects into a file on a PC laptop and i'm not sure if there even is a way to transfer my old lmms projects from my original computer to my new laptop. Does anyone have some information on this?
The simplest thing is to make a full install of lmms on tour new pc.
Then copy the whole user-library, to an USB-stick including all instruments and presets, YOU have created, including all project YOU have created, and then copy as an overwrite everything to the same user-library on your new pc. Then you have everything you made copied to the same file structure that you had on your old pc.
You then have to overwrite the new pc's
.lmmsrc.xml
with the old pc's .lmmsrc.xml
You find this file in
C:\Users\Username\.lmmsrc.xml
Tell us how it went
musikbear wrote:The simplest thing is to make a full install of lmms on tour new pc.
Then copy the whole user-library, to an USB-stick including all instruments and presets, YOU have created, including all project YOU have created, and then copy as an overwrite everything to the same user-library on your new pc. Then you have everything you made copied to the same file structure that you had on your old pc.
You then have to overwrite the new pc's
.lmmsrc.xml
with the old pc's .lmmsrc.xml
You find this file in
C:\Users\Username\.lmmsrc.xml
Tell us how it went
Great! All samples are loading and its smooth! Thankyou!
Happy to assist
What if I can't access my lmmsrc file? I'd managed to back up all of my projects before the computer broke, at which point I am now unable to access the file. Does that mean all my projects are essentially unusable at this point?
Gegulee wrote:What if I can't access my lmmsrc file? I'd managed to back up all of my projects before the computer broke, at which point I am now unable to access the file. Does that mean all my projects are essentially unusable at this point?
No. The .lmmsrc.xml will be generated by LMMS the next time you run it. Only things like sound settings, preferences and recently opened projects list will be lost.
Gegulee wrote: I'd managed to back up all of my projects before the computer broke
Then everything you backed up will work perfectly in your new installation, just as zonkmachine says! Just make sure you put the different files and folder-content into the right folder-structure in your new computers lmms-installation.
Get the file here:
https://lmms.io/download/#windows
After that open
Edit | Settings | folders
and browse to the folders you yet have with no definitions in the dialogs.
If you meet hickups dont hesitate to ask

Besides that, since you are new here
Welcome to the forum Gegulee! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
So i'm still slightly confused about the folder structure thing, is there any way I can get some kind of folder substructure telling me where to put things?
Gegulee wrote:folder substructure telling me where to put things?
When you make your new lmms-installation, you get a folder
\\LMMS\lmms_working_dir
In lmms_working_dir
We have the folders for the things YOU have made:

\lmms_working_dir\presets
This where you put those presets, that you have made yourself
You can have subfolder for better order -up to you

\lmms_working_dir\projects
This is where all your own projects goes

\lmms_working_dir\samples
Here you place the samples YOU have made or downloaded

Everything else in inside the factory-default lmms-installation, and you do not have to do anything yourself, all is unpacked and placed in right folders, in the installation process
I am currently using a MacBook Pro and I’m getting A Windows laptop next and I have a lot of files I’ve been using for years on this computer. Is their anyway I can transfer my Files from My MacBook to the new Computer?