Midi Import/Export

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
LMMS still is inefficient at importing midi files --- sometimes it works right, often it doesn't.

(1) It still hangs up sometimes, importing midi files which are imported easily and perfectly by programs such as Anvil Studio and Sekaiju.

(2) Also, sometimes when it successfully imports a mid song file, it will simply fail to import several tracks. Here's an excellent example of a song file which both Anvil Studio and Sekaiju process perfectly, but which LMMS refuses to import the Drums and Church Organ tracks: a great midi sequencing of "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover", which can be found here: http://www.midiworld.com/files/320/

I think somebody mentioned that some midi-related improvements will be seen in next version of LMMS (great!). Will the next version address the 2 issues mentioned above?

(3) Also, do we expect in the near-future to be able to export as midi files the tracks we create in LMMS?

I use Windows 7 and XP, on several different computers;
various versions of LMMS, on several different computers

thanks
This has been talked about a lot, a whole friggin' lot. The current WIndows RC supports MIDI export, but I've yet to fully figure out it's peculiarities, it appears to be linked to SoundFonts. Now, if you know anything about coding MIDI import/export I'm sure devel would appreciate your help, as they are seriously underhanded. Until they have more help, I'm willing to bet they'll focus for on bug-squashing than wishlist features.
sizemore0409 wrote:LMMS still is inefficient at importing midi files --- sometimes it works right, often it doesn't.
thanks
I have no issues, when importing midi files made with MuseScore.