Cant save song. Please help!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
My lmms song wont save because it says its not able to write to the file. Any ideas how to fix?? Thanks :)
Welcome to the Lmms Forums DJ DiY. :)

Interesting problem. I have never went through that before.
This might sound silly, but do you have any antivirus running, while trying to save your song?
If so, disable the antiviruses shield/guard function for a while, try to save your song and tell us how it goes.

Also, what version of Lmms are you using?
What operating system ? Is this the first save of this song or are you saving it again after editing ?

You might have user permissions messed up for the folder/file you're trying to save it in. Try saving in a different folder or just with a different file name.

Steve
DJ DiY wrote:My lmms song wont save because it says its not able to write to the file. Any ideas how to fix?? Thanks :)
Hi, Welcome to the forum ad Brandy said DJ DiY ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Have you tried the save-as option in the file menu?
We as Steve said need OS and lmms version, you also (duuhh) should not shot lmms down
My gues is also a problem with user permissions. Did you install lmms on the same account, that you currently are running it in?
slipstick wrote:What operating system ? Is this the first save of this song or are you saving it again after editing ?

You might have user permissions messed up for the folder/file you're trying to save it in. Try saving in a different folder or just with a different file name.

Steve
Its windows 10. Lastest version of lmms
Were you thinking of answering any of the other questions we have asked ? Have you tried any of the several suggestions people have made ?

BTW LMMS version NUMBER! "Lastest" could mean latest full release or one of the several beta versions that are about.

Steve
brandystarbrite wrote:Welcome to the Lmms Forums DJ DiY. :)

Interesting problem. I have never went through that before.
This might sound silly, but do you have any antivirus running, while trying to save your song?
If so, disable the antiviruses shield/guard function for a while, try to save your song and tell us how it goes.

Also, what version of Lmms are you using?
Im not running any anti virus software and It is the lastest stable version of lmms (1.1.3)
slipstick wrote:Were you thinking of answering any of the other questions we have asked ? Have you tried any of the several suggestions people have made ?

BTW LMMS version NUMBER! "Lastest" could mean latest full release or one of the several beta versions that are about.

Steve
Its verson 1.1.3 full release
Sorry if i have not gotten back to you guys :(
musikbear wrote:
DJ DiY wrote:My lmms song wont save because it says its not able to write to the file. Any ideas how to fix?? Thanks :)
Hi, Welcome to the forum ad Brandy said DJ DiY ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Have you tried the save-as option in the file menu?
We as Steve said need OS and lmms version, you also (duuhh) should not shot lmms down
My gues is also a problem with user permissions. Did you install lmms on the same account, that you currently are running it in?
Im running windows 10 and lmms 1.1.3. I copied the song from an older computer and it now wont save on my new computer. I dont know what you mean about downloading on the same account? Ive tried the save as and still it wont save.
slipstick wrote:Were you thinking of answering any of the other questions we have asked ? Have you tried any of the several suggestions people have made ?

Steve
This is what pops up everytime i try to save it.

Could not open C:\Program Files\LMMS\data\Lmms songs\Electric Acapella (1).mmpz.bak.mmpz for writing. You probably are not permitted to write to this file. Please make sure you have write-access to the file and try again.