Cant save song. Please help!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This is what pops up every time I try to save it

Could not open C:\Program Files\LMMS\data\Lmms songs\Electric Acapella (1).mmpz.bak.mmpz for writing. You probably are not permitted to write to this file. Please make sure you have write-access to the file and try again.
musikbear wrote:
DJ DiY wrote:My lmms song wont save because it says its not able to write to the file. Any ideas how to fix?? Thanks :)
Hi, Welcome to the forum ad Brandy said DJ DiY ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Have you tried the save-as option in the file menu?
We as Steve said need OS and lmms version, you also (duuhh) should not shot lmms down
My gues is also a problem with user permissions. Did you install lmms on the same account, that you currently are running it in?
I get this every time i try to save.
Could not open C:\Program Files\LMMS\data\Lmms songs\Electric Acapella (1).mmpz.bak.mmpz for writing. You probably are not permitted to write to this file. Please make sure you have write-access to the file and try again.
DJ DiY wrote: This is what pops up everytime i try to save it.
is that a windows message popup or an lmms popup?
I would like to see a screenshot

Obs the bold -That has to do with user account-permissions

And btw
Please read: http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4683
:)
And that's a pretty weird filename "Electric Acapella (1).mmpz.bak.mmpz". As we've said before try saving to a different name with just .mmpz on the end, like "test.mmpz".

Steve
Steve[/quote]

I just tried a new name and i still get the same thing. I added a folder for lmms songs under the file named /data. That has read and write on.
[quote="musikbear"][quote="DJ DiY"]
I dont know how to post a screen shot. Its a windows popup
Okay guys i fixed it. YAY! Thank you so much for your help! :)
It was a silly setting I overlooked. Thanks again!
DJ DiY wrote: It was a silly setting I overlooked.
I would like to know witch, because if an other win10 user runs into this problem, your experience could help.

Images on this board:
You need to upload pictures to a image-service, like imgur, and then you insert the link between IMG-tags
though not important now :)
DJ DiY wrote:Okay guys i fixed it. YAY! Thank you so much for your help! :)
It was a silly setting I overlooked. Thanks again!
I myself, am curious to find out, how you solved this. :D
Windows cant handle that extension ( .mmpz.bak.mmpz )

Do you know how to rename the file to Electric Acapella.mmpz ?

Edit just saw you solved it already.

Does this file come form a linux pc by any change ?
Linux does not care about extensions the way windows does.