Tempo/bpm change issue

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I'm having trouble making a change of tempo stick. The default was set to 140 bpm when I started the piece, but I decided to change it to 85, then clicked the play button and it immediately reverted to 140. How do I lock in a tempo change
grandad wrote:I'm having trouble making a change of tempo stick. The default was set to 140 bpm when I started the piece, but I decided to change it to 85, then clicked the play button and it immediately reverted to 140. How do I lock in a tempo change
Welcome to the Lmms Forums grandad. 8-)

To solve that problem, Right click on the BPM number eg. 140
Then select remove song-global automation.
That should take care, of the BPM resetting problem. :)
Thanks brandystarbrite. Good one. Just as a matter of interest, what else is affected by removing song global automation?
grandad wrote:Just as a matter of interest, what else is affected by removing song global automation?
Removing the Global Automation, temporarily breaks the lock, that resets the BPM back to 140.
All of the instruments, synth sounds and sound samples, placed/used in the project, are affected by it.

The higher the BPM, the faster the entire song plays.

The lower the BPM, the slower the music track plays.
brandystarbrite wrote:
grandad wrote:I'm having trouble making a change of tempo stick. The default was set to 140 bpm when I started the piece, but I decided to change it to 85, then clicked the play button and it immediately reverted to 140. How do I lock in a tempo change
Welcome to the Lmms Forums grandad. 8-)

To solve that problem, Right click on the BPM number eg. 140
Then select remove song-global automation.
That should take care, of the BPM resetting problem. :)
Aw, I thought I could be the hero, but brandy beat me to it ;)

I had this problem way back when I first started too.
grandad wrote:I'm having trouble
The welcomes has been delivered :p so i'm just pointing you to our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Also want to mention, that every gadget in lmms can show reverting settings, so the 'global' thing can affect anything. You normally never run into these type of problems, if you havent imported something, from a midi-file, or similar.
Finally, just as any other controller in lmms, the BMP can be bound to any type of automation.
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:Aw, I thought I could be the hero, but brandy beat me to it ;)

I had this problem way back when I first started too.
Ha! Ha! I'm super fast. 8-)
But don't worry dudes, I'll leave some for you guys, next time around. 8-)
Thanks everyone for your help.
grandad wrote:Thanks everyone for your help.
No probs. Glad we could all help. 8-)
Bumped so people can see how to solve this problem, and understand what is does.