Switching from FL To LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, Im switching over from FLStudio(Because im Definitely not spending 100$ on a program i only use a couple of features of) and cannot figure out what the LMMS Equivelant is of the Playlist editer/viewer aswell as all of its tools(Due to my favorite image hosting site potentially Shutting down the Image might not be avalible in the near future.)Image

EDIT: Im pretty sure its the Song editor, But when i import my .flp files there is no audio. And only one thing shows up (Beat/Baseline 0)
FLP import had been unmaintained (broken) for a long time, and so it has been removed for the next release of LMMS... There is unfortunately no equivalent for the playlist of recent FL Studio versions anyway
Oh, It seems that the song editor is what im looking for, But the way it works is way different from FL, Automation clips are different and i cant figure out how to Set what channel they effect, and i cant get my Audio tracks in.
Mods_o_joy wrote: But the way it works is way different from FL
ya, it is a bit different, but if you look in my signature, you will find a video for newcomers in LMMS.
Start there, and feel free to ask us about anything :)

Besides that i can see that you are new in our forum, so-
Hi, Welcome to the forum Mods_o_joy! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
Mods_o_joy wrote:Oh, It seems that the song editor is what im looking for, But the way it works is way different from FL, Automation clips are different and i cant figure out how to Set what channel they effect, and i cant get my Audio tracks in.
Along with musikbears video tutorials.here is a link to the "manual", you should figure out how to do the things your wanting to do. https://lmms.io/documentation/

I hope you enjoy LMMS!
Kinda wish that they would Maintain the .FLP Import function. I prefer to setup my stuff in FL Demo(Because im not spending 100 dollars on a program a use 2-3 of the features of) and edit them after Save/Export in LMMS.
Mods_o_joy wrote:Kinda wish that they would Maintain the .FLP Import
No that is gone. But you can export from FLs as a midi, and import midi in LMMS. That way you can still do work on older projects, that you only have in FLs.
1.1.3 LMMS does have issues with some midi-files. At the moment i can handle that issue, just IM me and explain.
1.2 will handle midi perfectly.
Mods_o_joy wrote:Oh, It seems that the song editor is what im looking for, But the way it works is way different from FL, Automation clips are different and i cant figure out how to Set what channel they effect, and i cant get my Audio tracks in.
Welcome to lmms DAW.
The song editor is as close as it can get, trust me, but with more freedom of creating individual patterns within the designated instrument. Which is way faster and easier than FL's strict pattern program. In FL, you only get to change the length of the pattern in the song editor, etc. But in lmms, you can do all sorts of things with individual blocks of patterns, even make an exact copy in another instrument just by ctrl+click drag and drop! Now, there's a downside as lmms seems to not support external vsts very well. The project can freeze up and never load if saved with a vst plugin used in it. This is a quite new DAW and there seems to be a long way to go.

The reason why it's as close as it can get is that even though other DAWs except lmms may look alike with FL, they are organized WAY differently than FL studio and that's gonna be a letdown as they take the focus away from the pattern maker and the song editor. What other DAWs focus mainly is on the effects, mixer, samplers, MIDI, audio recording etc. This is as close as it can get and you'll get used to it pretty quickly.

To automate, use ctrl+click and drag and drop the parameter to the "automation track" which can be added from the top of the window. Then, go within the automation editor and set the values. You can use different sorts of waveforms also.

To add audio tracks, click on the 'instrument plugins', drag and drop the 'audiofileprocessor' into the song editor and go from there. It's much better than FL because FL had problems importing FLAC files etc...and would close immediately while working on them no matter what format. So if the work's not saved, you have to start over again and hope it doesn't repeat that.

I hope you enjoy this software and may God bless you.