HELP!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,
My name is Artur and really want to make music using your program. Unfortunattely, I have an issue : every time an instrument plays, changes notes, etc... the is a clicky sound. Please help.
Need a bit more information - What operating system are you using ? What version of LMMS ? What Audio Device are you using (in Edit/Settings) ?

Exactly which instruments have you tried ? Where are the notes coming from ? A keyboard/from a MIDI file/in Piano Roll. Do you hear clicks only on playback or when you're entering the sounds ?

Clicks can be created by all sorts of things from bad speakers/headphones to too sharp an attack on a sound to badly produced samples so just saying you hear "a clicky sound" doesn't tell us much I'm afraid.

Steve
Artur G wrote:Hello,
My name is Artur and really want to make music using your program
Hi Welcome to the forum Athur! Here, For you, all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

As Steve said clicks can have almost any origin.
You may like to learn what an envelope is and how to use it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRzIcJ31Yjc

But it could be a setup issue too
If the tutorial does not help, please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-ver)
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most imortant)
* lmms sound device chosen
* perhaps a sound-file
Artur G wrote:Hello,
My name is Artur and really want to make music using your program. Unfortunattely, I have an issue : every time an instrument plays, changes notes, etc... the is a clicky sound. Please help.
Zombie panic))) :P Solution: Try reinstall the programm.
1. Click on the instrument, click on ENV/LFO. Activate the volume envelope and see if you can tweak with it and if the clicking goes away.
2. Increase or decrease the ASIO sampling rate.
3. Set the sample's interpolation to sync (or linear, depends on the sample).
4. Try LFO at last.
5. If that doesn't work, use a highpass/lowpass filter depending on your sample.
6. Try these steps for other tracks in your project and see if the audio clarity improves.
7. Check if you have the 'steromix' option on in windows audio I/O. Turn it off, if windows is your OS.
8. Turn off/disable the microphone if you're not using it.
9. Disable extra settings on ASIO control panel.

These are the preferred methods of working with clicking noises in lmms.
I hope that helps and may God bless you sir.