Project stuck in loading...42%

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
The audio project is stuck in loading. It's almost 20 minutes long and this has been worked on for a few months.
A 'bluecat vst' was added recently which might be a phaser or something like that. It could be a different bluecat vst very similar to it because they all have the same GUI. That was the last time it was successfully opened saved. It was opened multiple times but it never goes past 42% and the program crashes. So it has to be closed. Neither loading it from an SSD and nor changing buffer size etc. work. Right at 42%, it sends a message at the bottom saying "Loading vst plugin.." or something like that.

Here's the printscreen image.

The message goes away but it doesn't go past 42%. Has somebody experienced a similar problem? Please advice.
TrumpislikeCyrus wrote:The audio project is stuck in loading. It's almost 20 minutes long and this has been worked on for a few months.
A 'bluecat vst' was added recently which........
One of the best ways to deal with that, is to remove the Vst, from the Vst folder. :D
Then reopen your project. It should load easily.

If it does reload easily, then it could be the Blue Cat Vst, is causing the problem. :P
It's possible that this version of the Blue cat vst, and Lmms are not friends.

Note: Normally this problem happens, when a Vst that doesn't work well with Lmms, is loaded into it.
In that case, that vst should be removed.
It's also possible, that this version of the Vst, could have changes to the programming too.
That might possibly cause, the communication problems, with it and Lmms.

Hope that helps. Tell us how it goes. :)
Then the vst needs to be reinstalled again I suppose. Because I use 'bluecat' often. Main reason is that their stuff can clarify so many samples and create an extra boost to them. This version of lmms is still very much in infancy. This software has a long way to go and I hope it gets to where it has to get to!

Thanks for your help, sir and may God bless.
TrumpislikeCyrus wrote:Then the vst needs to be reinstalled again I suppose. Because I use 'bluecat' often.
You cant use blue-cat
All blue-cat effects are on lmms- no-go-list
Your project will freeze exactly as you described it, thats why i have listed ALL BC plugins as no-go.
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Te ... o_NOT_work
Teramiiko wrote: Sorry if this question is rather vague, but what in a vst can clash with LMMS?
In the case of blue-cat in looks like the vsts writes the dials-settings multiplied. The result is a perfect saved project, but with a completely garbled information. That then results in a 'hanging' project, when you try to reload.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:52 am
TrumpislikeCyrus wrote:The audio project is stuck in loading. It's almost 20 minutes long and this has been worked on for a few months.
A 'bluecat vst' was added recently which........
One of the best ways to deal with that, is to remove the Vst, from the Vst folder. :D
Then reopen your project. It should load easily.

If it does reload easily, then it could be the Blue Cat Vst, is causing the problem. :P
It's possible that this version of the Blue cat vst, and Lmms are not friends.

Note: Normally this problem happens, when a Vst that doesn't work well with Lmms, is loaded into it.
In that case, that vst should be removed.
It's also possible, that this version of the Vst, could have changes to the programming too.
That might possibly cause, the communication problems, with it and Lmms.

Hope that helps. Tell us how it goes. :)
THANK YOU BRANDY YOU JUST SAVED A PROJECT IVE BEEN WORKING ON FOR LIKE FOREVER
|DIVIDE wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 am
Oh yeah! I'm glad that info was useful, after all of these years. :D
brandystarbrite wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:08 am
|DIVIDE wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:42 am
Oh yeah! I'm glad that info was useful, after all of these years. :D
Oh shoot that really was a long time ago lmao
|DIVIDE wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:15 am
Oh shoot that really was a long time ago lmao
Yep. About close to two years ago to be exact.
I almost forgot about this old topic.
Strangely, I'm kinda glad someone found it. :)