An "Insert Measures" feature maybe?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Back in the dark ages of Windows ME (my first computer), I used Finale Notepad for any and all composing I wanted to do. It had its limitations as far as production goes (obviously, since it wasn't actually intended for that), but one feature that I really miss was the "insert measures" command. I can't tell you how many times I've been working on a tune and suddenly realize that I need to extend a section in the middle or add a bridge somewhere... I usually end up having to move loads of piano roll sections one by one over several measures, trying to keep everything in sync with each other, and then of course I have to do it again two or three times because I didn't give myself enough space or gave myself too much space. I'd really love for LMMS to have a way to insert X amount of blank measures at any point on the timeline. Is something like this possible?

Also, if this feature already exists and I'm just being an idiot, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!
Foggy wrote: Also, if this feature already exists, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!
It sort of does
In song-editor: sh+íns
But in piano-roll you need to be creative :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNHraUJBLU
Aaaaaaaaah, I had no idea! The shortcut keys are so hard for me to remember. This one will probably stick in my memory now, though! Thanks for letting me know about that. And, heh, thanks for leaving out the "I'm an idiot" bit in the quote. :D
musikbear wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:10 pm
Foggy wrote: Also, if this feature already exists, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!
It sort of does
In song-editor: sh+íns
But in piano-roll you need to be creative :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtNHraUJBLU
The trick you show in the video is handy for a piano roll, but is there a similar trick for an automation track?
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:25 pm
is there a similar trick for an automation track?
No. Currently automation does not support any 'editing' of placed points. You need to delete and redo, if you make mistakes, or want to change anything. Copy/paste does also not work. -yet