It's a fake?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello, I discovered this LMMS link by chance, I would like to know if this is a fake. You can see the future design of LMMS: http://lmms.io:8008/

Thanks.
Are you talking about the UI of the program itself? If so yes, that is the new UI. If your talking about the website, I don't know lol. Looks snazzy though.

How in the world did you find this?
On a soundcloud music with a project link in the description.

But when will the update of LMMS come?
dont ever dl lmms from other sources that the official pages
Not sure what to think of that site, but downloading software from non official sites is always a gamble.

I wonder if his instructions for openSUSE even work.

For Linux in general, you should never install software from any, and windows users should just get it from the lmms site.
If you spend time digging, you'll discover that both addresses resolve to the same ip. It's just different ports on the same host.

This is the definitive answer: port 80 is the standard webserver port for the public LMMS website. On our host, port 8008 is the redesign of the LMMS website that Umcaruje is working on.
Hi guys, as Stakeout said, that website is the testing branch of the lmms.io repo. This is a redesign of the website that I've been doing for a while now and it's not quite done yet. I would love to get it finished for 1.2 release.

Anyways, very curious what that soundcloud track is where you acquired the link :D

So, please tell me your thoughts of the redesign, and if you have any feedback I would be interested to hear it.

TL;DR Yes that website is safe, it's just a testing website for a redesign of the page.
Gps wrote:Not sure what to think of that site, but downloading software from non official sites is always a gamble.

I wonder if his instructions for openSUSE even work.
The instructions are the same as the ones on the main website. If you believe they are erroneous, please let me know so we fix this.
umcaruje wrote:
So, please tell me your thoughts of the redesign, and if you have any feedback I would be interested to hear it.
I think it looks a lot better than the current one IMHO. Good job on it!
I think the page looks great, better then the other one.

About openSUSE.
The best way to install any software is to use YAST. ( yet another set up tool )

You first need to add the packman repository, then you search for lmms, and click install.

That zypper command should work too though, although I do not know enough of openSUSE nor lmms, to tell if something is missing from that line.

I wonder if there is a way I can test that zypper command , with out risking to kill my current install of lmms?
Somebody on this forum tried it on openSUSE thumbleweed, and said it did not give him lmms with vestige.

Thumble weed is the rolling release of openSUSE, I am using opensuse leap.

This is were all opensuse users should go.
https://en.opensuse.org/Additional_package_repositories

A one click to add the packman repository. ( for leap and tumbleweed )

Then you start yast, search for wine and LMMS and hit accept.
To tell you everything, the new site and the new design is superb, nothing to change. Haste it out.
Good job!