Stuck notes using ZynAddSubFX

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello!

I am having a problem and was wondering if anyone knew how to help.
I am using ZynAddSubFX as a bass synth for a project I am working on. The problem is that sometimes when a note plays it will get stuck and won't cut off. It instead just holds forever and keeps ringing even if I stop the music playing. It is always the same note (D2) and only affects that one note, and in order to get it to stop playing I have to open the ZynAddSubFX GUI and stop the sound from there. This is not the first project I've worked on that this has happened, and it seems to happen randomly. If I close the program and restart it, the problem goes away but after a while it comes back again for seemingly no reason.

Interestingly, this does not happen if I open the virtual keyboard in ZynAddSubFX and play notes with that, but it does happen when using the usual instrument plugin keyboard or by notes programmed in the pianoroll.

Is there any way to fix this from happening? It is very hard to analyze how the song sounds when I have to restart it every so often to get that bass drone to go away. If someone could help me out I would be very grateful!

Thank you!
It is always the same note (D2) and only affects that one note, and in order to get it to stop playing I have to open the ZynAddSubFX GUI and stop the sound from there.
yep, know problem :c
Is there any way to fix this from happening?
well -kind of..
Do not tamper with the arpeggio settings during replay -afaik thats the only bug-point that was forgotten when the hang issues was fixed in 0.4.12

But changing setting on the GUI while in playback is the reason for these hangups. You can fix an instrument by reloding it to the same track in project. If you have a lot of FX work on that instrument : Save it with a disk-name and then reload it through the context menu -or drag it in
That fixes the issue for that project

Br.
Yeah. I got this problem yesterday too.
Have you tried clicking the stuck note on the piano at the bottom of this window?

Yeah. I did. And it stayed down the whole time.
I even tried pressing A4 key,...... well the key where the Green Box thingy is. ( Hope I got that right.) Can't remember it's name though.
And I even pressed C5, but it only "added" more bad stuck sound to the problem. :?
So, to solve the problem. I closed ZynAddSubFX, then reopened it again. And the problem went away.
It hasn't happened again though. At least, not yet.
I'm using the current LMMS 0.4.13 version, on Win 7 Home Premium 64 Bit.
Don't know what else you can do that would be safe all of the time...

if there isn't any automation in it, you could try making a copy of the track, and delete the old one that had the stuck note. Idk though, if there is any automation in the original track, it might not work in the copy.
I have this same problem some 7 years later.
Using fast arpeggios with ZynAddSubFx a note gets stuck and will continue to resonate forever until I close down LMMS.
genesis-5 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:48 am
sometimes when a note plays it will get stuck
What ver. of LMMS do you have, and on what OS? That used to happen for early vers. -but current 1.2.0 should not do that
I'm using current 1.2.0 version.
janika wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:04 pm
I'm using current 1.2.0 version.
OS?
Can you make a demo where this happens
Obs: you can experience hang-notes if you mess with UI-settings, but should not happen in normal replay, though there was an issue on a RC.. 1.2.0.966 afair..