Frequent crashes on Linux

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I'm using the latest version of LMMS on Linux (Archlinux). The problem is it's crashing very often, in a quite unpredicable manner. I read on Internet several people had crashes when using for example zynaddsubfx, but it's not the case for me.

The version compiled on archlinux seems pretty standard, with no extra patch or alteration of the source code:

http://www.archlinux.org/packages/community/i686/lmms/
http://repos.archlinux.org/wsvn/communi ... 6/PKGBUILD

In the console I don't get any information, only "segfault".

Has other people experienced this too?
so lmms is working fine for everyone?
not really... i just had a crash with no error message... it just vanished from my screen... :shock:
thou yesterday i spent a few hours playing with it...
I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 amd64

i tried in windows too and had a similar problem
works fine here on ubuntu 9.10...
i tried in windows too and had a similar problem
ok - so windows now.

i have found that playing fast notes on the pc-keyboard, -like tabbing one key (say 'a') in a very fast rytm, sometimes makes win-lmms crash.
I have not experienced any crashes in 'playback-mode' -crashes only occour when i have doene something manually in a GUI

My aproach is to alway save before loading a new:
[*]instrument
[*]LADSPA-effect
[*]automation track

and generally, save often - like ' If it sounds good -Save! :)'

otherwise, try to take notice of what you was doing as the crash occoured, that could perhaps help

BR
Hi All,

I am running Version 0.4.5 (Linux/i386, Qt 4.5.2, GCC 4.4.1)

My problem is when exporting ogg format.

I go to Export on the Project menu, and select Compressed OGG-File (*.ogg) on the Files of type dropbox, then click the save button. Next I select again Compressed OGG-File (*.ogg) on the File format dropbox, samplerate remains 44100 Hz, Biterate 64 KBit/s, Interpolation Sinc Fastest, Oversampling 1x (None), then click Start.

lmms appears to export the file correctly, because the ogg file plays as expected in vlc player. The problem is that after the progress bar reach 100% Nothing happens and I can't cancel or close the dialog box, the Start button is disabled ofcourse, but close button does nothing, the only thing I can do is kill the lmms process :(

Could you help please?

Thanks in advance
rraallvv wrote:Hi All,

I am running Version 0.4.5 (Linux/i386, Qt 4.5.2, GCC 4.4.1)

My problem is when exporting ogg format.

I go to Export on the Project menu, and select Compressed OGG-File (*.ogg) on the Files of type dropbox, then click the save button. Next I select again Compressed OGG-File (*.ogg) on the File format dropbox, samplerate remains 44100 Hz, Biterate 64 KBit/s, Interpolation Sinc Fastest, Oversampling 1x (None), then click Start.

lmms appears to export the file correctly, because the ogg file plays as expected in vlc player. The problem is that after the progress bar reach 100% Nothing happens and I can't cancel or close the dialog box, the Start button is disabled ofcourse, but close button does nothing, the only thing I can do is kill the lmms process :(

Could you help please?

Thanks in advance
Try changing the Bitrate, maybe 160, and sinc at the lowest speed... Or maybe just the x top right to close. It gets stuck for me sometimes exporting to WAV

Let me know how it goes. :)
I am running Version 0.4.5
does linux not support the 0.4.6 version of lmms?
0.4.5 had stabillity isues and crashed more often than 0.4.6.
If you can use .6 i would recommend an upgrade, -but i have no insight in lmms on linux, so..

btw -my updates (win32! -so not definite linux behaves as nice!) went perfect. No custom files where deleted/overwritten. The only problem after the update was the 'project| recently opend project' option. This throws an error: 'You properly have no permission to read this file..' -That is wacky but also of no consequense at all.

BR