VeSTige don't load Kontact 5.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Version : LMMS 1.1.3 64bit (latest version)

When loading Kontact 5 into VeSTige, it will be in the "no response" state on the way.
This problem was able to load by moving the dll file to another folder once and putting it in error state.
But with that method all values will have to be initialized once.
Could you tell me if there is a good way to solve this problem?
Or if you do not mind, I think that you can improve on development.

(Japanese)
VeSTigeがKontact 5を読み込まず「応答なし」の状態になります。
この問題は一度dllファイルを別のフォルダに移して読み込ませてエラーを出すことで回避できますが、
この方法では設定していた全ての値が初期値になってしまう事は避けられず、大変不便です。
これについて打開する良い方法はございませんか。
もしくはバグであれば改善して頂ければと思います。

Addition: Massive can be read without any problem.
追加 : Massiveは問題なく読み込めています。
nono_berry wrote: When loading Kontact 5 into VeSTige, it will be in the "no response" state
True. Kontakt is also on the red-list:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Te ... o_NOT_work

But since you are new, you propl. diddent know the wiki
Welcome to the forum nono_berry! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
I have been using Kontakt in LMMS (loaded into Vestige) and enjoying the vast and delightful musical universe made available by using Kontakt, since LMMS v1.0.3

I'm so glad I didn't know it wouldn't work.

:-)

I do nothing special --- I just load it into Vestige like any other instrument.

Also, over the past 2 years, I have discovered that most instruments which can't be opened directly in Vestige can still be used fairly well if you load MiniHost (ImageLine's product) into Vestige, THEN load the desired instrument into MiniHost. (So many wonderful instruments available to use in LMMS only if you use this technique.) When you do that, though, you have to export the music produced in MiniHost to your external music folder, for future use, because you can't save that music (or the instrument loaded in MiniHost) within an LMMS Project. Also, MiniHost doesn't support automation, so that's a limiting factor, as well.
sizemore0409 wrote:I have been using Kontakt in LMMS
:
I'm so glad I didn't know it wouldn't work.
:
I do nothing special --- I just load it into Vestige like any other instrument.
Woo what OS?
I have discovered that most instruments which can't be opened directly in Vestige can still be used fairly well if you load MiniHost
Interesting!, but the cost of not having automation, is high imo
Windows 7

Yes, it's not good that MiniHost doesn't support automation. Lots of users over at the FL forum have been begging for it, for several years; and the developer keeps promising the next version will be released "soon". (He obviously has a busy life, like most of us.)

What about Vestige? Is anybody considering the idea of working on it, to expand its capabilities and improve its stability and compatibility with a wider range of plugins?

Because there are lots of great effects-plugins that process the midi-data before it hits the VSTi (for example, the great arpeggiator-plugins Catanya and Blue Arp), I have to use MiniHost frequently, because Vestige can only work with effects-plugins that process data after it leaves the loaded VSTi. It would be great if Vestige could load effects-plugins that process data before the VSTi gets the data.
nono_berry;

I use Windows 7; Kontakt works fine in LMMS. You use Windows 8 --- I assume Kontakt should work fine in your LMMS, too.

You may wish to un-install Kontakt and then re-install. Be very careful to re-install it into a permanent folder-location --- because Kontakt (and other Native Instruments products) will not work if you change the original file-path which the products use to load and access their various components. (File-paths can change, for example, when you re-organize your files to achieve greater efficiency.)

Thank you for mentioning NI Massive. If I understood you correctly, I believe you said it works in LMMS. I didn't know that. I'm going to try it.

Have a great day!
sizemore0409 wrote: What about Vestige? : Is anybody working on it
Yes, but in fact most vst instruments does work, but the problem is, as you also point out, the effects, there the situation is close to reversed, alas
I apologize --- I need to clarify what I said: Kontakt will load into Vestige and work fine (in Windows 7), AFTER LMMS is opened. You unfortunately CANNOT save Kontakt within an LMMS project, because LMMS will freeze when trying to open a project with a saved Kontakt track. So when I make a track with a Kontakt instrument (I do this in most of my projects), I export that track to a wav file, then load the wav file as a track in my project, remove the Kontakt instrument, THEN save the project.
sizemore0409 wrote:need to clarify what I said:
ok, then i will keep Kontakt on the red-list
'Works' is defined as the 5 point-test
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... t_VST_test
sizemore0409 wrote: Also, over the past 2 years, I have discovered that most instruments which can't be opened directly in Vestige can still be used fairly well if you load MiniHost (ImageLine's product) into Vestige, THEN load the desired instrument into MiniHost. (So many wonderful instruments available to use in LMMS only if you use this technique.) When you do that, though, you have to export the music produced in MiniHost to your external music folder, for future use, because you can't save that music (or the instrument loaded in MiniHost) within an LMMS Project. Also, MiniHost doesn't support automation, so that's a limiting factor, as well.
Wooah! This caught my interest. :D
I'm going to try and see, if this would work, on my okay low spec PC that I'm using. :D
Hopefully it works for me too.